Sam

What Have You Done To Your Car Today? Volume 2

I filled it up with petrol and put 3 new CDs in the changer. This is the most my car has had done in a week, at least since the last petrol station visit. RockNRoll. 

I had noticed when I bought the car that 2 of the Door Handle Button Covers, (though not really Buttons) were really loose - in actual fact both were barely being held on with D/S Tape.

Anyway I went down to the local breakers, Silverlake's, because I had seen that there were 2 E46's of the same colour as mine but unfortunately when I got there the Door Handles were just plain black plastic. :(

Anyway I removed them without breaking the 2 little Tabs top and bottom - you actually unscrew the 4mm Alan Bolt from inside the Door Jam that sits behind a Plastic Cover - you cannot remove them without doing this! And paid my £1.00... :)

The car came with a Original BMW Basecoat/Clearcoat Paint Pots - the Base was fine but the Clear was finished - anyway I had a small aerosol of Clear Lacquer, and proceeded to paint the Basecoat with the little Brush and then sprayed them with Lacquer.

I'm going to give them 24 hours to hard-dry before fitting. But I reckon the best one pound spent...:D

atrgXZT.jpg

Dropped the car at the bodyshop for door repairs. Currently driving a Mini....,auto, petrol, no options.

How much Mal? When my e46 had the same sort of damage main dealer said cash price £500 woman who hit it went through her insurance ended up being £1200, the cost of paint must of gone up. Lol

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

8 hours ago, feva said:

How much Mal? When my e46 had the same sort of damage main dealer said cash price £500 woman who hit it went through her insurance ended up being £1200, the cost of paint must of gone up. Lol

A shade over £500, as i'm getting another ding pushed out of the same door. That ding has been there since i bought the car and wasn't that noticeable, but if i'm the paint damage repaired, stupid not to have the ding damaged.

I can't afford to go through insurance, as i already have 6 claims in a little over 3 years and a £600 excess.

8 hours ago, feva said:  

A shade over £500, as i'm getting another ding pushed out of the same door. That ding has been there since i bought the car and wasn't that noticeable, but if i'm the paint damage repaired, stupid not to have the ding damaged.

I can't afford to go through insurance, as i already have 6 claims in a little over 3 years and a £600 excess.

6 claims in 3 years! Do you drive with your eyes shut?

Decided to fit my old Blitz Filter I had laying around. Also made a temporary partition under the bonnet until I get a proper one made.

It certainly made a big difference on other cars I had fitted it to, we'll have to see..... Nothing ventured nothing gained. ;)

Also placed a vinyl transfer on the bonnet.

Now let's see if I can attach photo's on tapatalk...

30ca544b6ddd426e389c40a4e29953f3.jpg17f09ea5ef33424e1aa03b57c092142a.jpg71e4962bd5af93d0495c32583be56b95.jpg

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra on tapatalk.