bram

E46 330i - Audi A4 B8 tail pipes

They do yes but you need to cut a small section out of one of the trims so that it clears the actuator valve.

Is their nothing that can be used to clean up the stock tail pipes?

Is their nothing that can be used to clean up the stock tail pipes?

Trevor, on 27 Sept 2013 - 18:46, said:snapback.png

simonlpearce, on 27 Sept 2013 - 15:46, said:snapback.png

Would it not be easier to get some autosol and some wire wool and just clean your OEM ones. I bet you they come up sparkling with a bit of elbow grease.

I did this.

Mine came up lovely.

Problem was there is a lot of crazing in the chrome finish on both.

OCD.

Edited by bungers

Nice guide, thanks. I just fitted some of these to my 330Ci 'vert. They look a lot better and the added girth (:)) makes them look like a quality aftermarket exhaust.

The only slight issue I had was the EBay Audi A4 B8 pipes I bought were both the same length, so really I could have done with taking off a 40mm deep slot instead of a 50mm deep one to get the offset length look. Anyhow I just pulled the right pipe out by about 8mm and it's still fairly secure so that will do it for me and give the right look.

I gave them a good coat of long lasting Collinite wax so hopefully that will preserve them for a while and make them easier to clean and less likely to get stained. The pipes shouldn't get too hot for wax to stay intact I think, probs no hotter than my bonnet on a hot sunny day, well maybe the tips will but not the bulk of the pipes surface.

Edited by Tim-Ci