RickyZ

What Wheels are left

I went from mv1 staggered to 8j 225's all round and you cant tell any difference in handling in normal day to day driving.

If you want staggered for looks then fair play each to their own, but if it's performance then i would say you'd be hard pushed to notice any difference at all.

One of the most common cars on the road but wants to be 'different' and decides on style 225/230. :lol:

True but you dont see many E46s with E9X wheels

Ha no chance lol WWWWWWAAAYYYYYYYY too much

You should've snapped these up then Ricky! My mate now has them. http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=83469

DAMN, any chance your mate wants to sell them LOL

I didnt see them :(

'Fraid not dude, they were bought as the 2 original rears are FUBAR'd.

Edited by bungers

Hi,

At a £600 budget, you'll not really get anything apart from all the usual choices you say you wish to be different from !

However that said, if you take the time to research yourself what you'd like as there's thousands of potential wheel choices out there and make yourself a shortlist, you can then properly and comprehensively research into fitments and offsets etc. Then you'll need to be patient to see if a set comes up with that rather low budget.

Good luck!

Cheers, Dennis!

I hate to be the bearer of bad new Ricky, but your's isn't all that different to the one in that picture even with the mods you mentioned.

Looking back at the picture today I agree

>I would wait and not rush into a purchase, wait for something rare to come up for sale.

As for ACS type 2's - they only look good with the concaved e39 fitment - which would cause your rubbing issues.

My mate Mahal is selling his Hamanns (i can try and see what he is willing to accept price wise): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-19-Hamann-HM2-Alloys-Tyres-for-BMW-E46-E36-E90-VW-T5-/321213269030?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&fits=Car+Make%3ABMW&hash=item4ac9cd8426

And, cant believe im saying this, but fake splits: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19-DARE-RS-ALLOY-WHEELS-FIT-BMW-3-SERIES-E46-E90-WITH-WIDER-REAR-NEW-/390630754037?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item5af36846f5

Thanks dude but I am not feeling either of those

bbs style 5s

(18 inches i know)

But it is just so BMW

Nope lol but thanks

Not liking them, prob 600 max (assuming 300 for my current wheels)

I like them but not sure how they would look on mine

Hi,

What's your budget?

You've got a shortlist of what you like at least and I fully understand about wanting a set that's different from other other enthusiasts!

There's plenty of choices out there which will look absolutely awesome, but they're on the pricier side hence me asking about your budget. I'm guessing 5 spokes are the design element you'd like but you'd also consider the usual cross spoke/mesh styles ?

Cheers, Dennis!

As above, 600 max, on the above, basically yea

Mines a pre-facelift dude, would love some 230s but most are cracked :(

Try it out mate , with the gtr calibre ones. Seen them on a e91 tourer on the evo technik forum. his car was black but had resprayed his in white. looks so nice.

look ate the pic here. http://www.evotechnik.net/showthread.php?37344-New-car-Project-TOURING-mods-and-updates/page10

Thanks Sive but I think I ll pass, looks too modded if you get what I mean

No probs bro. I like it as it reminds me of the rota grid/volk style alloys. Would look nice with a nice brake set up. :thumbsup:

Thanks Sive but I think I ll pass, looks too modded if you get what I mean

Yeah looks a bit too much. And what's with the strap hanging from the bonnet catch !

Its a new thrend . Actually really like the idea. Its attached to the body of the car and the bonnet catch. :thumbsup:

I like those GTR Calibres actually.....would make a perfect drift/winter wheel. Piece of piss to clean!!

Same here bro. It looks nice and so easy to clean.

If i had the cash and had a nice brake set up. i would use this for the winter set up alloys. Like what you have said. :thumbsup: