Jump to content
The_Judge_

Sufs' 330d M Sport w/ SMG Paddleshift retrofit but otherwise generally falling apart body ....

Recommended Posts

Did you copper slip the wheel/disk mating face too?

Good job though - nice and easy isn't it :thumbsup:

Yup, I did, clearly whoever did the previous one didn't though !

It was quite easy, much easier than expected

Edited by The_judge aka Suf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good job.. looks good... thought i might need to do mine soon, however it passed its MOT today so they must be ok for a bit,,

I do like the feel of new discs, pads and fluid though... did you do your brake fluid as well??

Front discs and fluid were done a few months ago. I only got round to doing the backs today for budgetary reasons :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My cousin from Southampton popped over this week and he brought his new DAS 6 Dual Action polisher. Neither of us had used a polisher before, so today was a busy day on our mutual cars. Quite pleased with the results for a first time effort, it really is much easier when there are two people doing each car! The DAS 6 is really easy to use, seemed virtually impossible to damage or burn the paint with it, so ideal compromise for a first time detailing job.

Started with snowfoam - couldn't quite get the Karcher and Karcher snow foam stuff to produce thick foam, probably because I can only connect my hose to cold water:

38686150064_07eff28d3a_b.jpg

Followed by rinse with the pressure wash and then two bucket method hand wash:

24528760357_ae548e7c5c_b.jpg

Then followed by a clay with Meguiars clay bar:

39364194242_107c0ef9d9_b.jpg

Followed by a going over with Meguiars Cutting pad and pink cutting liquid:

24528768897_610ef439b2_b.jpg

and finished off with ... Meguiars Finishing pad and Grey colour (but blueberry smelling) finishing wax:

39364194052_05937e52a5_b.jpg

38686149954_9e33623253_b.jpg

39364193862_296eef9e94_b.jpg

38686149904_ca6b32bcf2_b.jpg

24528768697_19e40058d0_b.jpg

39364193702_e216bf3d4f_b.jpg

39364193542_171ae7a029_b.jpg

As the car was now very shiny, other things stood out so I cracked out the Meguiars trim restorer and wheel wax. The car surface feels so much more smoother .. The swirls haven't completely been eliminated but it's a fair start I think.

All this was done in the morning, so we did the same again on my cousins white Audi A5 - which was a whole lot easier ...

Now I've had a go at it, I'll definitely be getting my own polisher fairly soon and repeat with my own chemical choice, 3M pads and PoorBoys/Dodo Juice :)

Thanks for looking.

Edited by The_Judge_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks guys, the photo's hide blemishes and chips/scratches in the paintwork which are now very obvious. Overall though, I'm very pleased :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I should have done this before this weeks work on the car but hey ho, I painted my rear calipers today :)

39364193202_571ce6dedc_b.jpg

Edited by The_Judge_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, someone bumped me in the back of the car today, however it had a weird result, no cracks or dents but now there are two screws protuding OUT of the bumper ??

39364193212_6d3a7a43f2_b.jpg

Edited by The_Judge_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All good, gonna try and skip insurance if I can ... Already dealing with one insurance incident this month, premiums are high enough already!

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So unfair how someone can drive in to you and your premiums go up. But then, there isn't much fair about car insurance. Not many businesses now a days that can openly judge you on who you are, where you are from, what you do, your personal circumstances and your sex, and get away with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hugely busy day today (NOT).

Found a few mins to replace my lower centre dash unit with the non-scratched unit I bought at Santa Pod for basically the same price as a can of plasticote :)

24528767907_2fecc17124_b.jpg

39364193142_3511c60050_b.jpg

Edited by The_Judge_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sprayed a can of Wynns EGR3 through the MAF/Turbo today - everything still seems to be working afterwards. The engine smells different, seems to idle a bit quieter and it feels like I've performed a throttle adaptive reset. Also sprayed contact cleaner and cleaned to connections on the MAF cable and MAP sensor. Took a few photos along the way, thought I may write up a DIY on removing the manifold after being taught it all by Triggerfish :)

Also, worked out how to upload videos (lol). Here's footage from when the idiot went into the back of me recently:

https://youtu.be/zhPP3OtysbQ?t=2m24s

Edited by The_Judge_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...