mjn

Black Forest / German Alpine Road / Austria / Italy / Switzerland Road Trip - June 25th-July 2nd 2016

Whilst trying to think of something to do over easter, this topic popped up. Nothing like early planning!

I'll have a proper read. You keep mentioning there won't be a lot of stops for you diesel lot, but I imagine I'll be playing catch up a lot, ha.

EDIT: have you done a google maps for the whole route? What's the total mileage?

Edited by Sam

Lol. Last time we filled up at the beginning of each day. Used about half a tank each day.

Total mileage is ~3000 miles.

15 minutes ago, simonlpearce said:

Hmm watching this closely. Plan to do something similar with the wife but not sure if she has broken up from School by the dates you are talking about. She's a teacher BTW, not a student :P

Next year i'll be doing Italy in the Summer Half Term as the little 'un wants to tag along :)

I think the pizza and pasta might be helping her decision.

It looks like your days are ~300 each? That'd be well over a tank! 3000miles is probably 12-13 tanks for the Z. Not cheap.

I think I said before too, some days look nuts for driving. Far too long.

First and last days will be about 500 each, which leaves 2000 miles over 6 days, so yeah, about 300-ish miles per day.

Diesel is dirt cheap so, not too bad for us dirty diesel owners :)

Got mine all booked up too for 18th Aug.

Were doing the following route.

Dover > Dunkirk

Dunkirk > Bruges (2 nights)

Bruges > Black Forest (2 nights)

Black Forest > Weer in Austria (4 nights)

Austria > Tuscany nr Florence (2 nights)

Tuscany > Lucerne Switzerland (1 night)

Switz > Baden Baden Germany (1 night)

Germany to home!

Taking the E36 M3 Evo and will be mixed hotels and camping. Just hoping the car will be ready by then as i have been off my feet for past 4 weeks with a dislocated and broken ankle so going to have to cram in the preventative maintenance one i am more mobile.