mjn Posted February 7, 2016 Report Share Posted February 7, 2016 Watching Car Crash Britain / Caught on Camera this week. Wound me up no end. Especially the guy who had done an "advanced driving course" and drives tens of thousands miles a year. Yet there he is showing us his footage of a car crashing in front of him while he is dawdling along in the middle lane!! And the tv show showed him reversing onto his drive......over the kerb. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The_Judge_ Posted February 7, 2016 Report Share Posted February 7, 2016 23 hours ago, MICK 330 said: M25...M6..M5...M42...M40 TAKE YOUR PICK lately for a rant Judge!!! I was on all of the above motorways today. In fact it took me 4+ hours to drive from Harrow to Birmingham yesterday ... Oh - and todays rant, as I posted elsewhere ... : https://youtu.be/ImbMFASwufc?t=2m32s Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TriggerFish Posted February 8, 2016 Report Share Posted February 8, 2016 Glasses. I've never had them before, but got prescribed some in January this year (only +.25, so very weak). They're so annoying! I never realised what a pain they could be to live with (can't lie down properly, constantly misting up, they're a pain to wear while eating, they're always 'in the way' when talking to people and so on). And I've lost three nose pads already - they've got an attrition rate of about 1 a week at the moment I think I'm going to take Boots up on their 'subsequent pairs at 50% off' offer (which I can then combine with 25% student discount) and see if I can get some frames with a more resilient nose pad design. Megadodo, alan53, MICK 330 and 1 other 4 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The_Judge_ Posted February 8, 2016 Report Share Posted February 8, 2016 13 hours ago, TriggerFish said: Glasses. I've never had them before, but got prescribed some in January this year (only +.25, so very weak). They're so annoying! I never realised what a pain they could be to live with (can't lie down properly, constantly misting up, they're a pain to wear while eating, they're always 'in the way' when talking to people and so on). And I've lost three nose pads already - they've got an attrition rate of about 1 a week at the moment I think I'm going to take Boots up on their 'subsequent pairs at 50% off' offer (which I can then combine with 25% student discount) and see if I can get some frames with a more resilient nose pad design. Should have gone to ...... TriggerFish and MICK 330 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ashley1995 Posted February 9, 2016 Report Share Posted February 9, 2016 I was prescribed some a year or so back. very weak as well as yours. mostly because I sit in front of 3 PC monitors all day! Mine lasted maybe 2 months before I stopped wearing them Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
devils_advocate Posted February 9, 2016 Report Share Posted February 9, 2016 You wanna try wearing them all your life, mine are +4! They are something you get used to, the only thing I don't like it not being able to wear proper headphones. If I need to do something where they get in the way,I just stick some contact lenses in. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MICK 330 Posted February 10, 2016 Report Share Posted February 10, 2016 M40 AGAIN tonight! Sat between j11 & j12 for a bloomin hour!!!!!! Mind at least I wasn't in the accident. Some poor soul has a very bent Mitsubishi which looked nasty so hope they are ok! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
alan53 Posted February 11, 2016 Report Share Posted February 11, 2016 Glasses. I've never had them before, but got prescribed some in January this year (only +.25, so very weak). They're so annoying! I never realised what a pain they could be to live with (can't lie down properly, constantly misting up, they're a pain to wear while eating, they're always 'in the way' when talking to people and so on). And I've lost three nose pads already - they've got an attrition rate of about 1 a week at the moment [emoji20] I think I'm going to take Boots up on their 'subsequent pairs at 50% off' offer (which I can then combine with 25% student discount) and see if I can get some frames with a more resilient nose pad design. I have given up with good glasses I am always breaking them so I use pound shop ones,until I have the money to get LASIK done,can't stand glasses a real pain and fugly Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
whatcangowrong Posted February 11, 2016 Report Share Posted February 11, 2016 On 07/02/2016 at 08:23, mjn said: Watching Car Crash Britain / Caught on Camera this week. Wound me up no end. Especially the guy who had done an "advanced driving course" and drives tens of thousands miles a year. Yet there he is showing us his footage of a car crashing in front of him while he is dawdling along in the middle lane!! And the tv show showed him reversing onto his drive......over the kerb. So i'm not the only one who noticed that too... The middle lane thing for which no doubt from what they were saying about how slow he drives wasn't the best place for him to be.. And i can't help but think he could cause alot of it by people having to overtake him as he sits in the middle lane at 65mph Also who 'pumps the brakes' on an ABS'ed car.. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
whatcangowrong Posted February 11, 2016 Report Share Posted February 11, 2016 (edited) Double post Edited February 11, 2016 by whatcangowrong Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mjn Posted February 11, 2016 Report Share Posted February 11, 2016 17 minutes ago, whatcangowrong said: So i'm not the only one who noticed that too... The middle lane thing for which no doubt from what they were saying about how slow he drives wasn't the best place for him to be.. And i can't help but think he could cause alot of it by people having to overtake him as he sits in the middle lane at 65mph Also who 'pumps the brakes' on an ABS'ed car.. Episode 2 was just as bad. f**king middle lane hogs!! whatcangowrong 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TriggerFish Posted February 11, 2016 Report Share Posted February 11, 2016 I stand by my view that lane 1 is often the fastest place to be in this country. mjn 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TriggerFish Posted February 11, 2016 Report Share Posted February 11, 2016 I was watching a thing on c4 last night about parking (waiting for something else to start, honest!). I think it was called parking wars. Anyway, a mayor got a parking ticket, started moaning at the warden who issued it, and when he realised it wasn't going to be revoked, started going on about how he would have to claim it on expenses, and get his secreatery to deal with it. A. What a douche. B. If that claim goes through, it just confirms how screwed up the expenses are (see the mp who failed to declare £**,000s of extra income recently). The_Judge_ 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mjn Posted February 12, 2016 Report Share Posted February 12, 2016 12 hours ago, TriggerFish said: I stand by my view that lane 1 is often the fastest place to be in this country. On the M25, it is!!! Cruise control at 70mph, sit in lane 1. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TriggerFish Posted February 12, 2016 Report Share Posted February 12, 2016 6 minutes ago, mjn said: On the M25, it is!!! Cruise control at 70mph, sit in lane 1. Just prepare for the barrage of hatred from the d**ks in lane 2 when you pull out in front of them to overtake a lorry, despite the fact they've been there overtaking nothing for the past aeon... Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
whatcangowrong Posted February 17, 2016 Report Share Posted February 17, 2016 Bmw racism.. Was talking to someone from work and the subject of cars came up and being me i talk about them for hours (so i'm told lol) so i was asked what i drove, i said i have a mondeo for traveling to work and shopping trips etc and the bmw, thats when it all changed and i got the grief... bet it use's load of fuel, don't indicate, own the road etc etc So what do you drive then i asked...... an Audi A3 The_Judge_ 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ashley1995 Posted February 18, 2016 Report Share Posted February 18, 2016 11 hours ago, whatcangowrong said: Bmw racism.. Was talking to someone from work and the subject of cars came up and being me i talk about them for hours (so i'm told lol) so i was asked what i drove, i said i have a mondeo for traveling to work and shopping trips etc and the bmw, thats when it all changed and i got the grief... bet it use's load of fuel, don't indicate, own the road etc etc So what do you drive then i asked...... an Audi A3 It's surprising this, that BMW drivers still get that bad name... I do seem to be let out of junctions more often from other BMW drivers than anyone else though.. Unless I'm in the E30.. then everyone lets you go Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
whatcangowrong Posted February 19, 2016 Report Share Posted February 19, 2016 On Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 08:50, Ashley1995 said: It's surprising this, that BMW drivers still get that bad name... I do seem to be let out of junctions more often from other BMW drivers than anyone else though..ķUnless I'm in the E30.. then everyone lets you go I think it's just stereotyping, but I don't think it matters what car it is...Its the driver, that sets the standard of driving. I let bmw drivers out to esp if it's a e46 lol alan53 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DannyDrama Posted February 23, 2016 Report Share Posted February 23, 2016 Car dealers. Got a 330i for less than a grand on Saturday. Don't get me wrong, I was expecting things to be wrong with it and was amazed when I found zero issues. Took it for a drive, all was well, blasted an hour down the motorway home, all was well. Switch it on today and get airbag and EML lights on the dash. Plug my OBD2 in and get a 'misfire on low fuel' and a couple of o2 sensor faults, nothing for the airbags. Hoping it's the infamous intake boots but knowing my luck, the pump is shagged, filter will be filthy and I'll have numerous vacuum leaks. It has 11 months MOT and won't have moved much since the MOT so I feel like I'm safe in assuming these were preexisting as I'm not THAT unlucky. 'Sold as seen' will be the death of me. whatcangowrong 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mjn Posted February 24, 2016 Report Share Posted February 24, 2016 (edited) f**king taxi drivers!!! https://youtu.be/1-4LgxFD0bo Edited February 24, 2016 by mjn Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TriggerFish Posted February 25, 2016 Report Share Posted February 25, 2016 Buses. This shouldn't come as a huge surprise, but this instance did rile me quite a bit. I've been off work for the past couple of days, and went to start my car this morning to find it flat. I tried to jump start it using the Focus, but, as I've found before, it's not powerful enough to get the 330d going. I went to my nan's to get a portable booster to add to the cause (which has worked historically - one attached via the boot, the other under the bonnet). Upon arrival at my nan's there was an ambulance outside, which wasn't a great start. It turned out that it was at my nan's (nothing seriously, thankfully - and my aunt was there already helping). Anyway, the ambulance had parked outside her house, as you'd expect. There were two cars parked on the other side of the road to the ambulance - cars could get through. Sadly, she lives on a bus route, and a bus came along, and couldn't get through. I was in the garage, looking for the booster, and heard a horn going off. After coming back around the front I saw the bus driver and my aunt having a heated conversation - the driver being cross that he was blocked. I know they've got a job to do, but when your bus is empty, and there's an ambulance parked up with lights flashing, do you really expect that a) anyone involved is likely to want to come and help a bus driver out b ) a paramedic is going to leave their patient to move the ambulance c) that they're going to give you the keys to move it yourself. It does raise the question of parking on residential roads, but I guess that's another problem. I don't blame the ambulance at all - in an emergency I'd much rather that they inconvenienced me while attending to the needs of a patient, rather than taking a minute or two to make sure that they're neatly parked. There was space between the Vectra and the Honda for normal traffic to get through. Most cars turned out and went around the crescent road that loops behind my nan's. Although, by stopping next to my dad's Focus like he has done, the bus has, ironically, done exactly what he's getting cross at the ambulance for (although I know it's only a short term stop - but if he'd left space cars could past the bus/the Focus, and then past the ambulance). Anyway, I guess you could sum this up as 'buses and their deluded sense of self importance in the world around them'. JasonK and alan53 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
whatcangowrong Posted February 27, 2016 Report Share Posted February 27, 2016 On Wednesday, February 24, 2016 at 18:53, mjn said: f**king taxi drivers!!! https://youtu.be/1-4LgxFD0bo Don't worry mate.. look what he's driving.. least your car won't burst in to flames when you use the heating ? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sonar Daddy Posted February 27, 2016 Report Share Posted February 27, 2016 Now have to resort to copying all my post`s before upload because the process of uploading has increasingly wiped the text and I have to start again...and also adding an emocon smiley face has the effect of wiping the entire text out to leave just the f**king smiling face that I now want to punch in the face...grrrrrr Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TriggerFish Posted February 27, 2016 Report Share Posted February 27, 2016 Try the Lazarus browser extension - it's saved my back many times when typing into web pages Sonar Daddy 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sonar Daddy Posted March 14, 2016 Report Share Posted March 14, 2016 Man utd player fallani escapes uefa punishment for elbowing emre can in the face on the final whistle last week....uefa(another corrupt football organisation) said"as it was not in the refs match report,we wont take any action"........despite being caught by 5 separate tv camera`s!!!! If a player punches and assults another player causing broken nose,but the ref didn't include it in his report.....he would get away with it then.....UEFA....FUKIN TWATS....just as bad as FIFA Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...