avalaugh

Super Charging build thread.

Just now, daveo132 said:

Makes me want to do it to my car....  Only problem is it's a 325 with 164k lol

325 bit doesn't bother me as it's the car I want it to be (read invested too much) just the mileage...

Mileage is nothing if its regularly serviced. I'm off the opinion cars are better off being used. Old with low mileage have either been parked up for long periods, or spent most their lives running around a town with a cold engine.

I'd go for it if I were you. If it goes bang, you'll get a replacement engine fairly cheaply.

Stop tempting me! :P

Once I've started this new job and moved to Cardiff I'll have another look.  I owe money at the moment which I'm hoping to pay most if not all of off in the move.  There is money to be freed up from my place now.  Ah the joys of getting older <_<

Well finished at the Dyno, not as good as hoped, it's running very rich :(

10.1-9.1 at the tail pipes on full throttle, considering I've git a stock exhaust still with the 4 cats in that could possibly be into the 7's before the cats.

I have sent the graph and figures back to VF so they can adjust the fuelling.

Hopefully will get it upto the stated 330bhp, interestingly the TQ figure is good [emoji106]

77ada888940e67221edd85b57a646059.jpg

9abb561bd15c06e07580081ad202b306.jpg

1fdd075fc37480d8448ae7900213a153.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was just a basic power run with a simple stand alone AFR thing stuck up the exhaust, so to be honest I didn't ask any questions, it was a very busy day there.

Wish I had paid more attention to it.

Did the supercharger kit supplier provide you with any dyno graphs? What did it look like?

No, but I shall ask, I'm also contemplating popping the stock injectors back in, I need to find out how much bigger the supplied ones are, we have much better fuel here in the UK and I'm wondering if they've just given me a generic USA type map and ignored the facts I gave them about my location and fuel I would be using ?

But in all honestly it does drive extremely well ?

Have you tried speaking to M style in Romford, Essex? They supply and fit VF super chargers so I'm guessing they remap them as well?

No I haven't, I will call them on Monday, thanks very much [emoji106]

Keep us posted. I'd be interested to find out myself.

What are they (VF) like to deal with?

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z5 using Tapatalk

The time difference is the only issue to be honest. They always reply, just about 12 hours later lol

I've spoken with there tech via email, he is going to modify my file tomorrow and send it over.

He said NOT to put the stock injectors back in.

Watch this space.

Well received the modded file back. They have taken an even amount of fuel from all full throttle maps.

9b0386be319a5b5158277234f2c44e74.jpg

I'm going to find a dyno that can show me AFR's, RPM etc etc all on a print out so they can adjust the fuel again to suit if it's required.

I spoke with M-Style (or Autoenhance as they're now called) they can't do anything, they too can only upload supplied maps from VF.

Took the car out for a spin today with the new map, feels much better, kind of peppier if that makes sense.

I now have it booked in at Hayes Dyno-tech

http://www.hayesdynotech.co.uk

Bob Hayes (owner) was extremely helpful and said he can give me a print out of what I need to relay back to VF to further mod the map.

Unfortunately he can't adjust the stock ECU.

Booked in on the 18th Feb

That sounds promising but disappointing that two companies have said they can't (won't) remap the car. Is that because they can't or won't do it? Is it not remapable now it's been reflashed with a third parties map and they won't touch it? It would be good to know because my long term plans include an ESS twin screw supercharger I was going to buy from M Style (Autoenhance) but I would prefer to remap the car on a rolling road.

I had my Impreza remapped live in the road but that needed a different chip piggybacked on the original ECU.

Well I've been busy on this sorry for lack of updates.

I got on the DYNO again last week with the new map, it was so crazy rich still

911dc10b3df439aa4331c1eb52f36c21.jpg

After lots of communication with VF Engineering it turns out I had been wrongly supplied a part and mid informed when I questioned it.

Before I even started to install the kit I throughly read the instructions and check I had all the parts.

I was missing a resistor that was mentioned in the instructions, this is supposed to be fitted in the MAF wiring loom. After questioning this (screen shot from the email, there response are in red)

98885181d161e1d10fc2bf939cfa3bbf.jpg

76595d3cc761b2cba57bb756ad8ef053.jpg

I was wrongly informed it wasn't required, my Siemens ecu DOES NEED IT.

I've purchased the correct resistor and have now installed it. Currently at the Dyno again, so will update this evening with results [emoji108]

Sorry to hear about your troubles mate, I had a re-map done on my 330 at BW Chiptune in London and they should be able to help on the tuning front. When I used to tune older Jap stuff we always aimed for 11.8:1 on full boost so you're right, too rich from 4500.

As an aside, I'm considering the ESS twin screw kits (prefer the low end torque of a twin screw setup) for my 330. I don't know anything about legal modification rules in the UK - is it a case of it's fine as long as it passes MOT & you can get insurance? Any need to tell the DVLA?