bhaven_19

Upgrading to Saloon rear side lights

Hi there, pretty new to this and just wanted to get some second opinions on something.

I have an E46 Coupe in the pre-facelift and was wondering if there was a way to upgrade my rear lights (that sit in the boot lid) to the facelift saloon. 

None of these pictures are actually mine btw

So currently the rear of my car looks like  the first pic.

But I wanted to somehow wire the inner fog lights to work as my running lights like the second pic. I didn’t want to use them as my fog lights as they’re too bright but instead just run as normal. 

Any suggestions on how I would go about this?

EDCEB566-063B-4BA8-89AA-E696CED93A41.jpeg

9E4849D5-CF87-468E-A345-2E4CB17CC018.jpeg

Pretty easy. First of all you need to get a NSR inner boot lamp with both bulb holders, then run the wiring for it from the fog light on the opposite side.

Once you've done that, you'll need a coding cable and copy of NCS Expert, there's a guide on the forum somewhere (I wrote it!)

It's the LCM module you're looking for (LSZ/ALSZ) and the option you need to change is NSL_ALS_STANDLICHT (rear fog lights as standing lights) - which you're wanting to change from nicht_aktiv to aktiv.

For mine, I also disabled the brake lights as position lights, to give the effect below. When I hit the brakes, the outer lights come on. When brake force display stage 2 is activated, the inner position lights also get bright, and at stage 3, the inners and high level brake light flash.

Clfoa37.jpg

Edited by dontpannic