And617y

What's your mileage & year

Not necessarily. If the car's seen better days, maybe. I consider mine to be close to mint and wouldn't accept bargain money for it if the mileage were higher :thumbsup:

Not necessarily. If the car's seen better days, maybe. I consider mine to be close to mint and wouldn't accept bargain money for it if the mileage were higher :thumbsup:

Then I guess you'd struggle to sell it to an Average Joe in the UK

My 330D is an X reg (2000) bought with 139XXX on the clock, she's just ticked 153k. When i bought it, the first thing i looked at was service history. Sure, she's got a few spots of rust on the rear arches, but the previous owner was a Doctor, so she had it serviced on time, every time. When i buy a car, i look at the condition of it, rather than just at the mileage. Mileage doesn't scare me, nor do engine swaps if i need to do one. She was MOT'd yesterday and passed the 'smoke test' with flying colours (peak 2 = 0.20, zero drift = 0.03, average=0.17 and fast pass = 0.17) She passed the MOT too, with advisories on handbrake, brake lines (that old chestnut) and my mot man says i've got about 5k left on the discs / pads all round.

Not bad for a car that's 14 years old this year !

Things like bushes, seals etc perish no matter how well you treat the car, but if you make sure you use decent parts when replacing them, there's no reason why the car shouldn't last a long time yet ! I plan on running mine up to the point where either it'll be too expensive to fix, or i can buy a 335D for a couple of grand. !

53 plate, 130k miles. Bought 7 years ago at 50k and still don't want to change. Only expense in that time - 2 sets of discs/pads, front shocks, front wishbone rubbers + minor consumables and a few indulgences

Mine is a 51 plate 330d with 146k on..

My dad has an 04 plate 330d with 177k on..

Both cars run absolutely faultlessly! Think the highest mileage id buy woukd be 150k on a diesel, 100k on a petrol.. thats literally on the basis of struggling to sell on!

Bought a couple of months ago, 53 plate on 82k.

Starter motor has just started to make a noise though, so that needs some attention soon.

Personally I try avoiding 6 figure mileages; even though there's plenty of evidence to show that a 100,000 mileage car isn't a lot.

It's crazy here, when we look at cars with 140k-150k mileage we assume they're high. Whereas in other countries like Portugal and Spain I see cars regularly on 500k+!

Both cars run absolutely faultlessly! Think the highest mileage id buy woukd be 150k on a diesel, 100k on a petrol.. thats literally on the basis of struggling to sell on!

When it comes to buying something newer, my 330d will be on at least 200k, and i will just auction it off on ebay, starting at 99p. :thumbsup: