jamesfoley

Android Headunit - No FM reception?

Had my car for just over a week now, and I can't figure out why my android head unit doesn't seem to have an FM signal at all.

Do these units not have the correct wire for the remote antenna power? Car has just the single antenna connector rather than two with one of them being power.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

I have this problem too - it's also roaming between stations too. The only thing I could pick up consistently yesterday (flat phone, no bluetooth) was ClassicFM! :wacko:

For £3, I'll give one of those a try. I thought that it was amp'd in the c-pillar too, though.

It could be your cars inbuilt amplifier giving problems. I had to replace the side window antenna amplifier in my Touring. If your ISO to Fakra antenna adaptor has a blue wire, hook that up to the antenna power on the ISO loom as well, there are a few different configurations of antenna systems in the E46, some need extra power, some don't.

Just thought this was worth a quick update, I ended up ditching the android headunit due to sound quality, but found that supplying 12v on pin 16 on my radio loom powers the antenna and I get flawless FM reception. In this case I just piggy backed off of the sub remote on the headunit.