Sam

Off Topic Chat Volume 2

Expensive last couple months, spent £2800+ on car stuff alone. New tyres all round and a service + brake fluid on the 125i, two new rears for me, bought Bilsteins and sent them off to be rebuilt, insurance is up and taxed it for 12 months... Looking forward to a few months where I don;t have to spend my hard-earned on cars!

Oh yeah... I'm probably going to shell out another £900 to get my subframe repaired and reinforced instead of letting BMW do it FOC... :rolleyes:

Oh yeah... I'm probably going to shell out another £900 to get my subframe repaired and reinforced instead of letting BMW do it FOC... :rolleyes:

Would it not be cheaper to let them do the main fix and then just reinforce it yourself after?

lol, I was about to write out a breakdown of how much I spent in August but it comes to about £4000 :blink:

I only spent £240. £200 for new lower arms and £40 for an MOT. If my car needed 4K spent on it then its time for the scrap heap. Its only worth around £3800.

Edited by Longun

wow thats alot of money!!!

This month I have spent £400 on insurance and left to pay is, tax, mot + service. Why they are all in the same month I do not know!!

Will tax it for 6 months and spread them apart :)

Lets hope the mot is all fine and dandy :unsure:

Would it not be cheaper to let them do the main fix and then just reinforce it yourself after?

It would be cheaper yes, but I don't want my whole floor replaced by BMW - the work is too invasive and doesn't sit right with me. The amount of cutting, welding and sealing they have to do opens up all kinds of opportunities for rust in the future, and the replacement boot floor contains 6 of the 8 points that the rear axle is attached too, so theres a big chance of slight alignment problems.

I'd rather pay out of my own pocket to have my existing floor repaired and reinforced by a bodyshop I trust, than let BMW do the complete replacement FOC.

I want to do what is best for the longevity of my car, and unfortunately that's not what's best for my pocket!

Edited by Keith

Just got a bollocking by my manager for 'being on my laptop looking at wheels and stuff' whilst in a big important meeting with the company director. 40 or so people in a quiet office with me tapping away instead of listening.

Oops, my bad.

On the plus side, bought a pair of new wheels for a good price! Every cloud... Now need to find another matching/similar pair!

^^^Oh yeah, forgot I did a DIY service and bought new front discs... That brings the total spend up to well over £3k!

Should really keep a spreadsheet, although I'll probably regret it :lol:

Maybe my cheap car isn't costing me that much a month then. Probably £200 over the last 2 months, although trying to get it fixed, not upgrades!

Not so bad!

Unfortunately I have to pay for all car stuff, including everything my wife's car needs. Heaven forbid she had to pay herself, that would eat into her expensive handbag/ jewellery habit :rolleyes::lol:

Just got a bollocking by my manager for 'being on my laptop looking at wheels and stuff' whilst in a big important meeting with the company director. 40 or so people in a quiet office with me tapping away instead of listening.

Oops, my bad.

On the plus side, bought a pair of new wheels for a good price! Every cloud... Now need to find another matching/similar pair!

Seems like a perfect case for work related bullying.....

E46 Convertible Imola Red

Wife just sent an email to me.

Wife's version

I'm going to test drive a new car on Saturday. Can we discuss tonight please? xx

My version

I'm going to test drive a new car on Saturday. Can you pay for it please? xx

Wife just sent an email to me.

Wife's version

I'm going to test drive a new car on Saturday. Can we discuss tonight please? xx

My version

I'm going to test drive a new car on Saturday. Can you pay for it please? xx

Sounds about right!