Trevor

Eonon E46 Unit... Tips, Tricks And Questions

The main plug connection from eonon to the large BMW block has pins which are slightly too small. I bulked my eonon loom pins up with solder. Been perfect since. Then again, I'm impatient and didn't want to feck about with eonons customer care

Hmm the wiring block causes volume distortion? Would it also cause it to randomly switch to other sources like from DVD to USB or suddenly power off. Eonon Enco or what ever brand name it will spawn into in the future these chinese made units suffer from poor build quality. The new eonon D5150E retails on Ebay for anywhere between £218 - £800 but just look at the negative remarks left by Ebayers on the product. My mates flip screeen Pioneer Avic x1 which is about 12 years old and he has it installed in his M3 Vert sounds awesome and thats sadly where these units disappoint. Sound quality is not great and becomes distorted at volume levels over 25.

Edited by Yashman

The random switching is due to the canbus unit.

I removed mine and it cured several issues.

Lost the steering wheel controls as a result tho.

Seriously, over 25! My eardrums struggle to cope by 20..

Maybe I'm just old. :-)

Edited by Trevor

The main plug connection from eonon to the large BMW block has pins which are slightly too small. I bulked my eonon loom pins up with solder. Been perfect since. Then again, I'm impatient and didn't want to feck about with eonons customer care

is this the one up front or the one in the boot. I bought a fakra extension from a stereo shop for £50 and it seemed good quality so I'm guessing the problem is with the eonons connections.

Would tin foil do the trick?

Edited by daboy

is this the one up front or the one in the boot. I bought a fakra extension from a stereo shop for £50 and it seemed good quality so I'm guessing the problem is with the eonons connections. Would tin foil do the trick?
You want to use tin foil?

Ok, just read this whole thread. Shall I not buy an eonon system then? They sound like too much trouble

To be fair, it would get the thumbs up from me.

However, I bought mine used and for cheap money.

It has niggles, some people are more frustrated by them than others.

I've reconnected my canbus box and will soon deal with the random startup as I've posted.

The OEM look of the unit really sells it to me 100% happy with that.

I'm more like 90% happy with the function of the unit day to day.

Ok, just read this whole thread. Shall I not buy an eonon system then? They sound like too much trouble

Eonon is simple to install and if you can put up with the shortcomings you will enjoy. But it is a poorly made unit. Sound quality is not that great and its functions are not up to par. Its wrong to compare it to the main brands as its stands no chance. But if you want a factory looking head unit then go for a uk supplier at least you have some sort of customer care. Dont go the Ebay route as you will have no support if things go wrong or its faulty. Most Hong Kong based ebay retailers offer 60 day return but it is more hassle than its worth and you end up paying the postage costs if it has to be returned.

So how does our compare to andrive or dynavin? apologies, I bet this has been asked before

Andrive is the same unit, certain internal parts have been upgraded to their own spec tho.

Its also Android as well as WinCe, my Eonon is only WinCe. To be fair that is what I wanted, didn't want Internet or android.

Some of the same issues exist with the Andrive, glare, random startup to name a couple.

Edited by Trevor

The newer eonon is actually a totally different piece of hardware and software and has nothing in common with the Andrive as they can no longer buy the firmware chip from the manufacturer. Andrive now has a different menu to the old eonon system. Eonon have never and never will have Android systems. The random startup is caused by the car itself and it's self check. We do share canbus boxes with eonon. Having said that we now have a couple of fixes for this issue. Here is the new Andrive menu you won't find on Eonon units. Much more OEM looking. u5u8upa2.jpg

Edited by Andrive

Good info there.

I like the look of the new Eonon user interface but it looks like it has Eonon branding in it, don't like that.

They've done very similar to Andrive in that it has their name on the screen.

I don't like that, doesn't look OEM at that point.

I really like the pic above from the Andrive, the UI looks great, except for the Andrive name.

Edited by Trevor

it does look good, has anybody heard of veyron? they have a very similar unit for £400 and are based in Cheshire. In on my phone so can't post the link

The newer eonon is actually a totally different piece of hardware and software and has nothing in common with the Andrive as they can no longer buy the firmware chip from the manufacturer. Andrive now has a different menu to the old eonon system. Eonon have never and never will have Android systems. The random startup is caused by the car itself and it's self check. We do share canbus boxes with eonon. Having said that we now have a couple of fixes for this issue. Here is the new Andrive menu you won't find on Eonon units. Much more OEM looking. u5u8upa2.jpg

is that only for new units or can i upgrade my andrive software to that? looks much classier than mine