mit

What's The Fastest You've Ever Driven?

Oh dear god.......you didn't just confess to that in the court room did you

Bugger I forgot to add my disclaimer

"Anything I type is purely fictional and any resemblance to persons either living or dead (including myself) is purely coincidence" :)

Edited by B0B

Ive done the autobahn thanks lol. And my ban wasn't for this incident btw, that was for overtaking an unmarked car at 120mph whilst on the phone

Priceless! You would have outrun them though at 173 mph should have engaged nos

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

I received 12 points and a years ban for this, now if I see people using the phone it boils my blood, I think this is worse than speeding as your not concentrating. Last year I was caught doing 83mph on a national speed limit a road, cruise control on the 330d set at 85. I was offered a speed awareness course rather than fixed penalty. When I questioned why I was offered the course as assumed was out of the awareness bracket, I was told that the local prosecuting force deemed it a low risk offence on that stretch of road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Todd1983

Back on topic I've never had the imola beast above 3 figures.

Do I win a prize

Wouldn't want to mess up your hair? ;)

What I have left is mine and I intend to keep it. If i shave it off ill look like I was from Billingham

Ive done the autobahn thanks lol. And my ban wasn't for this incident btw, that was for overtaking an unmarked car at 120mph whilst on the phone

Priceless! You would have outrun them though at 173 mph should have engaged nos

I received 12 points and a years ban for this, now if I see people using the phone it boils my blood, I think this is worse than speeding as your not concentrating. Last year I was caught doing 83mph on a national speed limit a road, cruise control on the 330d set at 85. I was offered a speed awareness course rather than fixed penalty. When I questioned why I was offered the course as assumed was out of the awareness bracket, I was told that the local prosecuting force deemed it a low risk offence on that stretch of road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

People will always continue to use there phone. Regardless of fine etc. I think anyone/everyone is guilty as picking up their phone and checking it. Although technically illegal also

Most people do break the limit, but 80 on a motorway is a tad different to 173. You say you've been banned, thats how serious the police take it. On the other hand 80 would get you a slap on the wrist.

I done it where the police have deemed it to be safe, be it due to the roads, lack of users, I don't care. I done what they allow me to do. I did not do 250% what the constabulary deem safe!

LOL, brilliant. If speed limits are what's deemed to be safe I can tear down a twisty B road at 60mph no bother when a more appropriate speed would be 25 and it'd all be gravy - but how dare I consider 100mph on a road that if it happened to be in Germany, 100mph would be seen as walking pace.

I do love your use of the words where the police have deemed it to be safe, rather than deeming it safe to do so yourself.

I'm twisting what you say, or taking it literally, or whatever you want to call it really. But it does emphasise the point I'm trying to make so it's good fun.

Tis worth bearing in mind that the upper speed limit is just that and that all it means is you should go no faster than XXmph not a target to aim for

As always you should drive to the conditions of the road and surroundings

ps It is worth pointing out I am by no means perfect (we all remember my 330 I wrote off and got convicted for)

I done it where it was legal. That's the difference.

If your saying youve never broken the limit, then I must have passed you at that bus stop with all the nuns

Theres a f**king big gap between breaking the speed limit and 173

What you did was stupid beyond belief, your lucky it was only a ban you ended up with (in the grand scheme of things I am not implying its related)

If you want to do that sort of nonsense theres a load of Autobahn's I suggest you use them

Hate to be the Devils advocate here Ricky but the fact that you crashed your car, and Todd didn't, would suggest to me that what you did was far more stupid than him. I'm not condoning driving at that speed, but I think 170 down an empty motorway is a lot safer than the multiple bellends I see, on a daily basis, speeding around housing estates (where they are endangering the life's of multiple pedestrians/animals) or driving inches from the bumper of the vehicle in front.

You openly admit that you've driven like a bell end in the past, so has Todd, and you both admit that you were in the wrong for doing so... So why are you giving the kid such a hard time? You seem to jump on the bandwagon a lot recently. There was another member who posted earlier saying that they nearly lost it on a private airfield at ridiculous speeds... We all know what that means, yet no comments were to be seen from you/Sam... What's the difference?

Jesus fooking christ.....ive stated I know how I drove was wrong lol. Get a grip

Maybe you should rename this thread "whats the fastest you've driven......as long as its not over 80mph"

I think no one would of really cared if you didnt mention where it happened.
I actually think the irony of Spanners post was lost in you here pal [emoji106] I think his point was that if you hadn't of mentioned it being a UK Road then nobody would have battered an eyelid, so he doesn't see how your anyway worse than the people claiming to do it on a private road.

I did an indicated 80mph (probably about 65) downhill in an old Austin Metro once - now that was more dangerous than any speed in an E46!

Nearly loosing it on a private airfield, presumably for a track day is not the same. People go to those days for driving like that, so they don't do it on the public road.

I also don't read every topic, so missed it.

173 in a 70 is breaking the law to an excessive degree, one that would land jail time. Yet, I was allowed to go my mear 145. irresponsible in the eyes of the law.

Nearly loosing it on a private airfield, presumably for a track day is not the same. People go to those days for driving like that, so they don't do it on the public road.

I also don't read every topic, so missed it.

173 in a 70 is breaking the law to an excessive degree, one that would land jail time. Yet, I was allowed to go my mear 145. irresponsible in the eyes of the law.

Come on Sam, it was fairly obviously from the context of the post that it was not actually on a 'private airfield' - when have they ever had jets parked next to the track on a track day?

I appreciate what you are saying, but there are over 10 examples of private road speeding in the first 5-6 pages alone... If you are going to dig someone out for irresponsible behaviour then apply it to every one, not just aim it at ONE person, especially when that person is a relatively new member of YOUR forum.

We've all done stupid things, some chose to broadcast it and some, older and wiser, choose not too. The guy admitted it was stupid pretty much straight away, it could have easily been left there.