StuBeeDoo

StuBeeDoo's 330d - updated from time to time

Thank you all for the kind words. It's not as clean as it looks, though. :unsure: Both wings will need replaced sooner rather than later, the boot lid is bubbling, and every time I wash it I find another car park dent or scratch. :mad:

I don't normally post these pics, but something just appealed to me with this one........

When I go hill-walking, I usually take a pic of the car either when I start-out or as I'm getting back - just to prove I've really been there. It's very rare one of these images makes me go "Mmmmmm", but this one did. :)

If anyone's interested, the location is the Lammermuir Hills about 7 miles north-west of Longformacus.

Edited by StuBeeDoo

I don't normally post these pics, but something just appealed to me with this one........

IMG_0013_zpse0280f24.jpg

When I go hill-walking, I usually take a pic of the car either when I start-out or as I'm getting back - just to prove I've really been there. It's very rare one of these images makes me go "Mmmmmm", but this one did. :)

If anyone's interested, the location is the Lammermuir Hills about 7 miles north-west of Longformacus.

Should have a walk round my way Stuart as they is some really nice walks round here.

Should have a walk round my way Stuart as they is some really nice walks round here.

Actually, there are some I want to do around that way - Black Hill, for one. I would have done one when I was there last week, if I hadn't been up all night!

I've posted this elsewhere, but in the interest of continuity........

IMG_00011_zpsd3e2af16.jpg

Two weeks on I'm still torn over the Anthracite wheels. I've got a 5th Style 157 which I'm going to get done the same colour as these winter 44s, but if I decide I don't like it, it's no loss as it will just remain as a full-size spare. Also coming soon will be rear mudflaps

Edited by StuBeeDoo

I like them, and I don't usually like dark wheels, esp. on a darkish car.

Maybe it's the simple nature of the wheel that works? It's not some mutlispoke affair where all the definition is lost? :wacko:

Edited by TriggerFish

Ahh bastard I binned my flaps Stu you could have had them! Thought was there n all that

Cheers for the thought Bud, :thumbsup: but I already bought a pair a couple of months ago.

Edited by StuBeeDoo

I've decided I want to source another set of 157s (or 119s, or maybe 339s) and move the 44s on. I'm thinking possibly Anthracite 157s for my winters and Hyper silver or Rainbow chrome for the summer wheels. I'm getting my current set of 157s done in Anthracite soon and when I've seen them on the car I'll decide what I'm doing with the other set (when I get them).

Edited by StuBeeDoo

You're getting as bad as Chimp with changing of the alloys!

Wor Lass has borrowed the E46 this evening (the Balloongo® has got a flat battery). :o I fear for the 44s! I was hoping to move them on, but unless by some miracle she manages to keep away from kerbs I'll probably have to scrap them. She's the only person I've ever come across who can kerb rear wheels, not fronts. :wacko:

Edited by StuBeeDoo

My Mrs is used to dropping a mirror nowadays so she never marks a wheel! I got her trained!

Mine wouldn't think to do anything like that. She still reverses until the PDC alarm is screaming rather than beeping! I'm dreading the time when we drop to one car and she has to drive mine more regularly. I'm not a good passenger at the best of times, but she can't understand why I can't relax when she's driving. :wacko: She thinks she's a good driver just because her mother tells her she is............

Edited by StuBeeDoo

Wor Lass has borrowed the E46 this evening (the Balloongo® has got a flat battery). :o I fear for the 44s! I was hoping to move them on, but unless by some miracle she manages to keep away from kerbs I'll probably have to scrap them. She's the only person I've ever come across who can kerb rear wheels, not fronts. :wacko:
Have you meet my wife? Stu she swears blind she's not kerbed the alloys even when I show her fresh damage.

Je suis Charlie

If I find anything amiss with the car in daylight tomorrow, there's no point whatsoever mentioning it. I might just as well save the breath for a time when I'll need it. All I'll get is "I didn't notice"!

When she had lease cars through her work, I used to insist she had steel wheels. It would have cost a fortune in refurbs or replacement alloys when she got to end of contract. I just used to get the right number of new trims and chuck the damaged ones in the boot.

Edited by StuBeeDoo

Hold on...... Have you not got 3 sets?? White MV2s, black ??s and Anthracite 32s?

Erm.......arrrrrrr.........hmmmmmmm.........oooohhhhhh. Yes, but i'm moving the 44s on in March.

Well, I got to the car this morning and the o/s/r tyre was hard against the kerb. :mad: Fortunately the kerbstones are slightly chamfered so she hasn't damaged the rim at all. The others are unscathed as well. Phew! :)

However, I have had words about her clutch control. She seems incapable of driving any car letting the clutch "feed-in". :o Every gearchange is accompanied with a jerk and loud thump. It's actually that bad that I thought the Balloongo® had an engine mount gone until I drove it myself and could only replicate the problem by being excessively fierce with the clutch. I've made a mental note that when we replace both existing cars with a single X3 that it will have to be an automatic - which probably means a better choice of available cars/spec.in any case, so it's no biggie.

Edited by StuBeeDoo