The_Judge_ Posted November 9, 2015 Author Report Share Posted November 9, 2015 Car passed it's MOT Today and poly bushes fitted to the rear However, a few observations by John my mechanic ... Screw in rear offside tyre, offside shock absorber beginning to weep, offside rear spring broken at the base, slight play in steering spindle .....I'm glad John uses a half-blind MOT tester .... Shabaza, Mr Xen and RichS 3 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mr Xen Posted November 9, 2015 Report Share Posted November 9, 2015 Car passed it's MOT Today and poly bushes fitted to the rear However, a few observations by John my mechanic ... Screw in rear offside tyre, offside shock absorber beginning to weep, offside rear spring broken at the base, slight play in steering spindle .....I'm glad John uses a half-blind MOT tester .... would a coupe suspension fit your car? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The_Judge_ Posted November 9, 2015 Author Report Share Posted November 9, 2015 Car passed it's MOT Today and poly bushes fitted to the rear However, a few observations by John my mechanic ... Screw in rear offside tyre, offside shock absorber beginning to weep, offside rear spring broken at the base, slight play in steering spindle .....I'm glad John uses a half-blind MOT tester .... would a coupe suspension fit your car?No idea ?!? You no disposed of your old ones ? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mr Xen Posted November 9, 2015 Report Share Posted November 9, 2015 (edited) Car passed it's MOT Today and poly bushes fitted to the rear However, a few observations by John my mechanic ... Screw in rear offside tyre, offside shock absorber beginning to weep, offside rear spring broken at the base, slight play in steering spindle .....I'm glad John uses a half-blind MOT tester .... would a coupe suspension fit your car?No idea ?!? You no disposed of your old ones ? Haven't fitted the new ones yet..But nothing wrong with my old ones just standard set up... Also would be gathering dust in the shed Do some research and let me know... But there yours if you want them Edited November 9, 2015 by Mr Xen Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TriggerFish Posted November 10, 2015 Report Share Posted November 10, 2015 Should fit just fine Mr Xen 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mr Xen Posted November 10, 2015 Report Share Posted November 10, 2015 Should fit just fine Ashley1995 and TriggerFish 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The_Judge_ Posted November 10, 2015 Author Report Share Posted November 10, 2015 Thanks dude, I'll probably take you up on this. What i need to research/ think about is, since I'm replacing M Sport suspension, is this my opportunity to go for Bilstein/Eibach .....Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mr Xen Posted November 10, 2015 Report Share Posted November 10, 2015 Depends on your budget .... But at least this will give you more time to get some money together for decent coilovers Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The_Judge_ Posted November 10, 2015 Author Report Share Posted November 10, 2015 Car passed it's MOT Today and poly bushes fitted to the rear However, a few observations by John my mechanic ... Screw in rear offside tyre, offside shock absorber beginning to weep, offside rear spring broken at the base, slight play in steering spindle .....I'm glad John uses a half-blind MOT tester .... would a coupe suspension fit your car?Pete, was yours sports suspension, whats the part number? Mine is 33522282461: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/part?id=ER92-EUR-02-2002-E46-BMW-330d&mg=33&sg=45&diagId=33_0841&q=33522282461 http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=ER92-EUR-02-2002-E46-BMW-330d&diagId=33_0841 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TriggerFish Posted November 10, 2015 Report Share Posted November 10, 2015 Pete's was shagged, you don't want it!! The_Judge_ and Mr Xen 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The_Judge_ Posted November 22, 2015 Author Report Share Posted November 22, 2015 (edited) That time of the year again .... Need to refurb my alloys one day ...... Edited January 1, 2018 by The_Judge_ TOOM, StuBeeDoo and TriggerFish 3 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
StuBeeDoo Posted November 22, 2015 Report Share Posted November 22, 2015 11 hours ago, The_Judge_ said: That time of the year again .... I'll be doing mine Friday night. The_Judge_ 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The_Judge_ Posted November 27, 2015 Author Report Share Posted November 27, 2015 So, don't think it's the winter wheels, more likely the new Poly bushes on the rear. But I just took the car on a smal drive in the winter - it handles so much more better - oh and virtually no tramlining compared to a few weeks ago :) JasonK 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The_Judge_ Posted December 5, 2015 Author Report Share Posted December 5, 2015 Looks like today is going to be an expensive day I bought new rear suspension off a member here and through no fault of theirs, MyHermes have totally f*cked up and nothing has arrived. In hindsight I should have bought a Bilstein eibach kit as soon as I needed this doing from Germany, but now all these weeks later I'm desperate and my offside is visibly lower. So today I've just left my cat at F1 tyres for new track rod ends, full wheel alignment, new rear springs and shocks .... Suppose it will handle better afterwards! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ashley1995 Posted December 5, 2015 Report Share Posted December 5, 2015 Hermes are s**t! I've had problems with them and since won't use them. Any chance of the sender getting his money back? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The_Judge_ Posted December 6, 2015 Author Report Share Posted December 6, 2015 (edited) Typically, I got all the work done to the car, got home and after the weeks there was a blue MyHermes card in my letterbox, and behind my outside bins was the parcel ........ Edited December 6, 2015 by The_Judge_ Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mk2majik Posted December 6, 2015 Report Share Posted December 6, 2015 Sod's law mate,at least your car is sorted,how's it driving now?mine suffers terrible tramlining,have had the front bushes done was thinking about getting alignment checked too. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The_Judge_ Posted December 6, 2015 Author Report Share Posted December 6, 2015 Definitely less wobbly, less play in steering wheel Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HOGGERS Posted December 6, 2015 Report Share Posted December 6, 2015 Replaced the headlight lenses today after a lot of advice from TriggerFish - Thanks Joe. I had tried to repair the lenses myself previously with a repair kit, but that was an epic fail - mainly because of my poor skills I guess! Old and new lenses can be seen below: Unfortunately, about 10 minutes later I was on the road at the same time as an idiot and we bumped each other, minor damage to my drivers side wheel arch now [emoji20] My lights are in need of restoration which I was planning on doing at some point but just seen this. Can you just replace the lenses for new ones?? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TriggerFish Posted December 6, 2015 Report Share Posted December 6, 2015 Yep. Just clip in/out. £50-60 for decent make replacements. I got mine from eBay.de HOGGERS 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HOGGERS Posted December 6, 2015 Report Share Posted December 6, 2015 Yep. Just clip in/out. £50-60 for decent make replacements. I got mine from eBay.de Something like this? Are they easy to fit? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ashley1995 Posted December 6, 2015 Report Share Posted December 6, 2015 Typically, I got all the work done to the car, got home and after the weeks there was a blue MyHermes card in my letterbox, and behind my outside bins was the parcel ........ Typical! At least you could sell them on Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TriggerFish Posted December 6, 2015 Report Share Posted December 6, 2015 Yep, like those, just make sure they facelift etc. Easy to fit, about 10 minutes work Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HOGGERS Posted December 6, 2015 Report Share Posted December 6, 2015 Yep, like those, just make sure they facelift etc. Easy to fit, about 10 minutes work Cool, I've got a pre facelift [emoji6] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The_Judge_ Posted December 6, 2015 Author Report Share Posted December 6, 2015 Yup, easy, Triggerfish recommended me the lenses, he knows it all ! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk TriggerFish 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...