ATM

Widest Wheels

As Simon says (see what I did there ;) ) offset is the key as this will determine how far out the wheel will sit. Coupes and verts have slightly wider arches than a saloon as standard although you may well find yourself having to roll and possibly pull the rear arches if you want to go crazy wide.

Have a look at the Arch Enemy site, they have a few pics and a summary of what will fit an e46 and what is required etc.

What is the offset (et) of the wheel?

Not sure but its also got spacers on already. The spacers are thicker at the front.

Basically I'm trying to decide if I should keep the wheels I have on there. If not then I guess offsets can change.

I've got 225 40 18 front and 255 35 18 rear at the mo.

Need to know the offset fella as this tells us how far the wheel protrudes already and how much space is left etc. If you remove one of the wheels the offset should be stamped on the inside and will be preceeded with the letters 'ET' and a number e.g. ET45. What wheels are they?

Also, you say you have spacers... what size spacers? Without the offset and spacer size no one can help :thumbsup:

Edited by Rebel

Not without an arch roll and possible pull in addition to a very stretched tyre. Even then I think you'll have issues.

Ok, if they are the 18" version as you say then the rears are 9j with an et of et40. If they are 19s then the rear is 9.5j with an et of et45.

It now depends on the depth of the spacers you have on there?

The car is 200 miles away so I cant look at it right now.

I've got 225 40 18 front and 255 35 18 rear at the mo - so yes the wheels are 18 inch.

I was assuming those wheels come in only one offset - do you know a site online where they are for sale so I can check what offsets are available?

Honestly pal were trying to help you out here, but you are basically asking what the winning lottery numbers are here.

I already told you in the very first post that depending on the offset you will get away with 9.5 to 10j maximum. Seriously though you should not go buy any wheels any time, as you haven't a clue what you are doing and they will not fit.