Ashley1995

Ash's 325 E30 - Restoration

Love love love this mate!! :D

Jealous of the garage too haha, if I get mine in the garage I have to hope I popped the rear seats down so I can climb out of the boot.

Thanks man!

Yeah one is filled with tools and usually dads car or van

Then the other i have is filled with e46 engine and other bits but I managed to move some bits about to get the car in while I'm away

Edited by Ashley1995

ashley nice car looks clean, id reccomend a "is" front lip spoiler and some mesh type wheels and standard type front numberplate and done.

Thanks mate, yeah new wheels are hopefully coming next year, and I would like an IS splitter at some point soon!

Number plates are normal pressed ones but the front ones in the windscreen at the moment [emoji106]

How have I not come across this thread before! Nice bit of morning reading for me :D

Always have had a soft spot for an E30 and would love to own one but i haven't got the time or patience to sort out the niggly problems it may have.

Luckily it seems like your handy with the spanners otherwise im sure you would have probably set it on fire by now :lol:

Edited by shafz

How have I not come across this thread before! Nice bit of morning reading for me :D

Always have had a soft spot for an E30 and would love to own one but i haven't got the time or patience to sort out the niggly problems it may have.

Luckily it seems like your handy with the spanners otherwise im sure you would have probably set it on fire by now :lol:

Cheers!

Yeah it does seem like a never ending chapter of small issues, so i'm surprised I haven't myself! :lol:

Also jealous of the garage, you can't even fit a normal sized car in mine. Next track car will have to be a kit car i reckon.

Yeah got lucky with that, I've got the one at home which is long enough to fit two cars one behind the other, and this one.

Would really miss the space somewhere without a garage.

Did a couple of small bits today, topped up all the fluids checked tyre pressures that kind of thing.
Also changed the dash bulbs as the ones were awful. Put some LEDs in there to see what it would look like, its just two 501 wedge bulbs with an orange cover so easy enough to swap.
Made a huge difference and its still that lovely BMW orange. apart from the rev counter which is a bit white so i guess the cover isn't sitting right so ill look at that but its better for now.

Friday night i took a drive down to Brighton with a couple of mates, one in a Mk2 fiesta, one in a 328i and one in a Corsa ( yes i know! )
Was a good laugh and a nice evening drive.

e6b699f92a8fd9252deec785c1481a4a.jpg
182987214d0462141dd80b413ad8c94e.jpg
71dc800b219745195a8387c4c8a7cc03.jpgfa7c44d467b441620cb01c6cdc978801.jpg

Edited by Ashley1995

Show season is just around the corner so I thought it was about time I updated this, sorry in advance for the long post.

I had the MOT back in February which she passed with just a couple of advisories, worn rear tyres (easy to sort) and corroded brake lines.

As this was going to be a fairly large job to sort, I have decided to do a full brake system overhaul this year. I toyed with the idea of fitting bigger & better brakes but I find the current ones to fairly adequate plus I didn't want the faff of getting brackets made up and then I would also have to fit bigger wheels.

I already have Pagid; discs, pads, handbrake shoes and fluid from ECP. I plan on getting some braided hoses and new calipers to, either brand new or second hands ones that I get refurbished. so does anyone knows anywhere that doesn't charge a fortune? and then obviously new copper lines.

I'd like to change all the bushes to poly bushes too and as the car could be off the road for a few days while I do all the brake work I could change these at the same time.

I noticed that my diff was leaking to so I'd like to get that sorted soon, apparently the seals are known to fail on these so it shouldn't be too hard. But I'm not sure what fluid to use or where to get it from. any ideas?

My steering pump also seems to be on its way out, It's fine driving along but gets squeaky and really heavy when parking. I have a bought another from a breakers for £35 but as the car is drivable I will probably send this off to be refurbed before I fit it. I do have a new belt and fluid ready though.

My wheels have been badly corroded by the salt and winter weather, I am hoping some Autosol and a load of elbow crease will sort them out but I'm not holding my breath. I should have got some winter wheels. Some people have said use wire wool but I'm not sure..?

Even so I am also hoping to get some new wheels soon but I cant decide what I like/want and finding what I like in a size that will fit is also a PITA.

It all sounds horrible but they are just little niggles that need sorting. On the whole as much as I miss a comfortable more modern car I love driving this about. The noise it makes and the looks you get driving around is brilliant and its still fairly quick. I don't think I'll be letting this one go for a long time.

I'm hoping to get her to a fair amount of shows this year, InCarNation this month and Players Classic at Goodwood in June are two I am 100% and have places for. I'm also hoping to do Players, Edition 38, DC15, Modified Nationals, Fitted UK, Show and Glow and maybe some more.

I did go to a small show and shine/meet local to me and won 1st place along with a Meguires Wax kit I am yet to try.

I've also fitted some 15mm sapcers to the front but i think i may need to go 20 or even 25 and put the 15s on the rear.

Other than that she drinks petrol and uses cleaning products like they're going out of fashion. Comments welcome as always :)

Few pictures:

IMG_1135_zpsklpyh5rx.jpg

IMG_1121_zpsbcowszuh.jpg

IMG_1019_zpszawzydin.jpg

IMG_1058_zps88pmmtbo.jpg

IMG_1061_zps8tw5axdt.jpg

IMG_1023_zpshr1hcbhh.jpg

Will give it go then.

Had a good run down to Brighton last night with a few mates for a meet, this was us fixing a friends fiesta after the throttle cable came loose

06648eab0824dde805708df04e84a3b3.jpg

Edited by Ashley1995