Mark_F

Got a one post rant? Put it here!

Please, I work in IT too, therefore am also a pale person. I'm happy with my choise of fossil munching car though. I'm counteracting all the good you're doing with my high tax bracket 21MPG car.

CrossCountry Trains............

My mother, who's 80, travels thousands of miles with them every year. She's less IT-literate than me, so I book her tickets for her. Last time, she moaned at me because I didn't specify the quiet coach. I swore I did, but we put it down to a c**k-up on my part. This week I booked another journey for her and before I hit the button I got Wor Lass to double-check I'd specified the quiet coach. This morning, mother's on the 'phone "The tickets have arrived, but you didn't get the quiet coach again!". Knowing I had, I did some investigating. CrossCountry Trains no longer provide quiet coach facilities, because there have been "confrontations" on trains (no doubt due to ignorant bastards thinking that "quiet" doesn't apply to them) and the possibility that providing a quiet coach is potentially "discriminatory". WTF?? :wacko:

Is it too much to ask that a little old lady be allowed to enjoy a 5hr/300ml journey without having to suffer young people's music and/or stupid video game audio? FFS! It's bad enough that you can't go into a library and study in peace and quiet anymore.

Anyway, back to CrossCountry Trains........... If you're not providing quiet coaches anymore, why are you still offering them on your ticketing facility? .....And you haven't actually publicised that you have withdrawn the service - you just let your customers find out the hard way. Tut-tut.

Edited by StuBeeDoo

Tweet them. Doesn't seem on.

Today has mostly been people coming around corners or over crests in the middle of the road, do their side lights give them super vision or something?

Now I don't normally post like this it's a sonar rant

The government sucking up to the Chinese government makes me sick. China is killing off our steel making industry and f**k all is being done about it. SSI in teesside has shut having a major impact on the area including my job. But again f**k all was done. Now it's spreading elsewhere in the country. I foresee a day when Europe no longer makes steel as China has killed it off.

Then they'll slowly but surely raise the prices by which point it'll be too late.

Over 170 years steel has been made on teesside and it now gone.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Edited by feva

I was thinking about this ^^^ today. We send scrap to China/India for it to be recycled...... Why not convert the Teesside plant into a steel recycling facility, thereby 1) cutting-out the middle-man, 2) cutting-out the emissions from transporting the stuff half-way around the world - twice, and 3) reducing Teesside's unemployment.

Oh, wait! ............That's the logical thing to do. :wacko: This is (the once Great..) Britain. The powers-that-be don't do logical. Stupid me! :(

Edited by StuBeeDoo

Stu they haven't even moth balled the plant to enable it to be opened again in the future it's f**ked now and would cost too much to restart. The coke plant (which imports coal then turns it into coke) again was a viable plant, but guess what shut down again not properly to be used again in the future.

Sc**thope is now in trouble which will spread. Port Talbot will be next.

To think this country is (was) known for high (better) quality steel. It's a known fact that Chinese steel isn't as good but guess what it's cheap.

Edited by feva

Looks like Cameron's 'powerhouse of the north' is going well.

I guess he must be due to redefine what counts as unemployed with all this going on...

Powerhouse is a joke. Been no sign or reasonable answers coming from mp's

CrossCountry Trains............

My mother, who's 80, travels thousands of miles with them every year. She's less IT-literate than me, so I book her tickets for her. Last time, she moaned at me because I didn't specify the quiet coach. I swore I did, but we put it down to a c**k-up on my part. This week I booked another journey for her and before I hit the button I got Wor Lass to double-check I'd specified the quiet coach. This morning, mother's on the 'phone "The tickets have arrived, but you didn't get the quiet coach again!". Knowing I had, I did some investigating. CrossCountry Trains no longer provide quiet coach facilities, because there have been "confrontations" on trains (no doubt due to ignorant bastards thinking that "quiet" doesn't apply to them) and the possibility that providing a quiet coach is potentially "discriminatory". WTF?? :wacko:

Is it too much to ask that a little old lady be allowed to enjoy a 5hr/300ml journey without having to suffer young people's music and/or stupid video game audio? FFS! It's bad enough that you can't go into a library and study in peace and quiet anymore.

Anyway, back to CrossCountry Trains........... If you're not providing quiet coaches anymore, why are you still offering them on your ticketing facility? .....And you haven't actually publicised that you have withdrawn the service - you just let your customers find out the hard way. Tut-tut.

Get her a Senior Citizens railcard, then buy 1st class tickets. Much better. I know East Coast, 1st class includes as much food and drink you can eat, bigger seats, no chavs and overall better behaviour. How rail travel used to be.

Get her a Senior Citizens railcard, then buy 1st class tickets. Much better. I know East Coast, 1st class includes as much food and drink you can eat, bigger seats, no chavs and overall better behaviour. How rail travel used to be.

She's got the RailCard, Dude. :thumbsup: When it was Virgin, they used to do upgrades for £15 (one way) or £20 (return). She used it all the time. Now Virgin have lost the cross-country franchise, things have changed a lot. :( First class fares have gone up disproportionately, and no more cheap upgrades. IIRC the last time I checked it was going to cost over double the price of the standard tickets to go First. ......And that was with the RailCard. :o

Celebrity juice has me on the floor sometimes.

Buses once again. There is this narrow road that has different timed lights at the end, the left turn goes about 30 seconds before the right turn. The right lane has to then merge into traffic going across the top, no one lets anyone in.

So, the bus wanting to go left, can't get past the back log of cars waiting to go right, so we just sit there, with a green light for the left (and right) and don't move. It took 2 cycles for cars to move in the right lane, enough for the bus to get past.

Well done Oxford, once again, you've made it impossible, this time even for busses!

https://goo.gl/maps/yRTH8K3X1yH2

DVLA - Their systems and processes are outdated and they are being left behind by the modern world.

Also Scottish Power - Their customer service dept are incapable of answering the phones, yet if you ring up as a new customer it gets answered first time. So now i just ring the new customer line until they sort what i want.

Over the past week I've received two fines for not paying tolls and one parking fine from Budapest.

In Budapest I paid both my parking tickets at the post office and have receipts, I have no knowledge of any other parking tickets.

I don't see how I could have a fine for not paying tolls, they're either all open at midnight with no possible way of paying anything or closed as a usual toll is, where you take the ticket and pay at the end of your journey or pay there and then to the machine/person in the booth.

All of these fines have been sent from a non-Government company. I got the impression Hungary was a corrupt/dodgy country whilst there, and now this seems really suspicious.

I'm in two minds to pay any of them.

head over to pepipoo.com and put a post up, they'll be able to tell you if they even have the ability to chase you from Hungry. They might just be chancers.

That site seems to only be for cases in the UK. I'll do some more digging.

All three of the fines have arrived on different days, what's to stop them from sending more? I get the feeling that if I pay one then I have to pay them all and they're just not going to stop coming.