Lex Posted June 30, 2015 Author Report Share Posted June 30, 2015 I think 255 is way to fat for 9.5j. I would use 225, even the 235 would help. Looks better than the other wheel tho but still needs lowering. I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, my other wheels got 225 tires and I've got 3 pages of negative comments, now using OEM is fat? I thought 255/35/18 came on 8.5J as standard First I need to sort the rubbing problem as I don't want to get smaller spacers, then I may get something to lower it, coilovers or springs. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DEVIL 666 Posted July 1, 2015 Report Share Posted July 1, 2015 I'm not Nothing wrong with a small stretch (if you need), as you got rubbing now thats why I said I would try 225/40. Looks good on 9.5j nice stretch, would be better than the wide 255 tyre. Yes the 255/35 the standard size on 8.5j but everybody knows they are too wide for the 8.5j. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jay. Posted July 1, 2015 Report Share Posted July 1, 2015 as above 225/40 is best suited to a 9.5 for a small stretch.225/35 looks w**k on anything. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lex Posted July 1, 2015 Author Report Share Posted July 1, 2015 I had 225/40 before with a nice little stretch, but as long the car it's not lowered, you know that it looks w**k with stretched tires and arch gap, isn't it? At least now the tires fill the arches, after rolling them I should have no more rubbing problems. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jay. Posted July 1, 2015 Report Share Posted July 1, 2015 but as long the car it's not lowered, you know that it looks w**k with stretched tires and arch gap, isn't it? I cannot fathom any sense out of this. Ashley1995 and Daz 330 Cs 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
das_flo Posted July 1, 2015 Report Share Posted July 1, 2015 I have 225/40 on 9.5's and I'd say it's a little more than mild. I'd be tempted by a 235/35 Falken I think. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lex Posted July 3, 2015 Author Report Share Posted July 3, 2015 (edited) I start to like them how they fit / handle Edited August 12, 2015 by Lex Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lex Posted August 12, 2015 Author Report Share Posted August 12, 2015 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lex Posted August 15, 2015 Author Report Share Posted August 15, 2015 (edited) Hello there Edited August 15, 2015 by Lex TriggerFish, Daud and The Laird 3 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Daz 330 Cs Posted August 15, 2015 Report Share Posted August 15, 2015 Nice pics Lex, looks like a cool location Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Melv1958 Posted August 15, 2015 Report Share Posted August 15, 2015 Nice thread, a 255 on 19s with 20mm spacers is gunna be a massive push even with rolled arches Drop to a 235 and your clear and slam it, ride height looks a little high for my liking. Lovely motor though Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Naj Posted August 15, 2015 Report Share Posted August 15, 2015 Cars looking good lex. I have /35 tires all round, come at me boys Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lex Posted August 18, 2015 Author Report Share Posted August 18, 2015 (edited) Got new tires as the 255 are bald after few burnouts and moved to 235/40/18. Also looks like I will get coilovers sooner than I wanted after finding out this. Edited August 18, 2015 by Lex Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lex Posted August 23, 2015 Author Report Share Posted August 23, 2015 Getting ready for Santa Pod meet next month, still few little things to do tho' Who's gonna be there? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The_Judge_ Posted August 23, 2015 Report Share Posted August 23, 2015 See you there! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lex Posted August 27, 2015 Author Report Share Posted August 27, 2015 "Don’t worry kid, the monster isn’t under your bed, it’s in the garage" Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lex Posted August 29, 2015 Author Report Share Posted August 29, 2015 Clean again Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lex Posted September 28, 2015 Author Report Share Posted September 28, 2015 Having a bit of fun at BMW Show The_Judge_ 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Edges Posted September 28, 2015 Report Share Posted September 28, 2015 Nice! I need a CS spoiler in my life! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dsport Posted September 28, 2015 Report Share Posted September 28, 2015 What was your time lex Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lex Posted October 2, 2015 Author Report Share Posted October 2, 2015 After Santa Pod I was curious what power I run. The car is automatic with 142.000 miles and nearly standard, what power do you guys think it got? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
simonlpearce Posted October 2, 2015 Report Share Posted October 2, 2015 205bhp Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
RichS Posted October 2, 2015 Report Share Posted October 2, 2015 Very very curious! I have a 330 auto on 60k miles and I'm itching to get mine dyno'd:) Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bry1990 Posted October 2, 2015 Report Share Posted October 2, 2015 (edited) 218bhp Edited October 2, 2015 by bry1990 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bacon Posted October 2, 2015 Report Share Posted October 2, 2015 Should be around 227 but by your comment I'd say 195 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...