jamesfoley

2003 330Ci M Sport

On 7/18/2016 at 08:32, jamesfoley said:

They're Marshal Matracs, but I've used them on my WRX and had no issues, I've just read that the 330 is picky with its rubber. I didn't have much choice at the time as it was either those or no car. When my bank account allows me to I'll change all 4 corners :) 

They sound w**k to me so could be the cause of the issue. Get something decent on it.

Just as I was thinking how nothing has actually gone wrong for a long time my car has now decided that one of the pressure sensors doesn't want to work (code 5E20), not sure if this is ABS or DSC related...

I've had this before when the weather was warm last year but it went away the next day, this time though it seems to be hanging around :(

Edited by jamesfoley

Basically just pushed them as tight as I could against the bumper and screwed them in place in the bottom. I reckon you'd get a much flusher fit if you used a sealant as mine are a little gappy where the splitters doesn't follow the lines of the bumper perfectly. But the benefit of the screws is I can just take them off and replace them pretty easily :)

Things worth noting for anyone else that buys the cheap fibreglass clones, a quick sand down gets rid of the logo, but leaves little air pockets. A filler primer would probably get you a pretty decent finish.

This might sound like a silly question, but are there any negative effects of going up to a 19" wheel from 18"? I guessing the ride will be a little harsher, but will the speedometer be out slightly?

After a set of CSL reps and I was originally going to go for 18" but I feel I may regret not going 19"...

Finally...

QvGluBP.jpg

Though I now have coolant leaking from the bottom of my expansion tank again, joys.

So next on the list is a new expansion tank, going to go BMW this time around to make sure I don't have any issues. Also going to have the gearbox and diff oil done at the same time. Then hopefully this weekend I'm going to stick my halogen headlights back in. The DEPO projectors are okay, but I'm not really a fan of the angel eye style so I'm just going to go back to the stock headlights with a new set of lenses.

Once all that is sorted I then need to get someone to fix the bubbling on my front arches.

Expensive month, but when people tell me how nice the car looks it makes it worth it :P 

I actually went for 18s as I'd rather the bigger tyre due to crappy roads and kerbs around me. 

Had the tyres swapped over from my MV1s yesterday morning and I'm really happy with how they look. If I had a negative it would be that the rears don't come out as far as my MV1s on 15mm spacers, but I don't think its too bad and at least I'd now be able to have passengers in the back without my tyres rubbing the arches.

New bolts are with me now so I'll be swapping over the black ones for silver ones, but here is a shot after I had them fitted :)

CMHBLc4.jpg

After buying the alloys and having the paint sorted, the 330 is up for sale. Can't say I'm that good with money, but at least my cars look pretty.

M3 comes out of the bodyshop this week in theory, can't wait. :D 

Where am I best listing the car? I have it up on Pistonheads and there is a thread here, but I'm not sure if they're the best places in terms of visibility.