The_Judge_

Who to vote for

I say we stop giving the eu and start paying our debt with that.

Exactly! Why should we endure cuts when we are sending money out of the country left right and centre? Paying to be in the EU and the amount of foreign aid we send out of the country, when we have no say in it all, is shocking.

As I said elsewhere (can't remember which forum it was) but using India as an example, we send them 300 million that, in their own words, they 'neither need nor want' yet we can't afford to fund life saving equipment for our own hospitals? Come on!

An IP is easy to spoof though.

Haven't we proved that immigration is a net gain to the UK economy? If UK people don't want the jobs (I know there are those who are after work and can't find it), but that an EU migrant is willing to fulfill, surely that's better than the factory/firm going bust and being outsourced abroad? They don't fly home to buy their fuel, groceries and utility bills...

I work in a uni, so we've got loads of non-uk people here, staff and students. It's a good thing, we shouldn't restrict it at all IMO.

What needs fixing, is the system they (immigrants and natives) scrounge off of. If the system was fixed so it couldn't be abused, people wouldn't come over here to live off benefits, and the career unemployed would face a basic existence (not a sky TV filled life of luxury) or have to get a job. Ime, immigrants are harder workers too, and I don't know any who don't work.

Case in point: my sisters friend got pregnant at 18. Shes never done a paid days work. Her parents house has 2 free rooms. She's housed in a brand new build council flat with 2 rooms (as the privately funded bedsit was "too small"). Compare to a close friend at work who came here with nearly no English, worked his way up through the job market, and now has a well paid job in 3rd line it support, and better written/spoken English than several English colleagues. Where's the problem in that (obviously chosen to illustrate my point) scenario?

So yeah, my view: immigration is not the problem, it's the abusable systems that are.

*waits for the ukip "but we won't block all immigration" repost*

#I know the phrase immigrants sounds a bit racist, but that's not my intention, I just can't think of a better word.

Edited by TriggerFish

I agree, we do need to fix the system. So a good starting point would be to regain control of our borders and then we know what we're working with rather than leaving them open and still trying to fix it.

A lot of immigrants are hard workers, and a lot of them aren't. As stated earlier, they have flooded our market with cheap labour that we can't contend with. 10 of them living in one house sharing the bills and sending what's left home, boosting their economy vs mr sole trader trying to feed his wife and kids and keep a roof over his head with just his and her income.

Why can't we do a points system like the Australians? Why should any member of the EU be allowed to claim child benefit for a child that doesn't even live in this country? The whole system is broke Joe, we need to close the door and look at what we've got and then we can start to fix it.

I agree with you what im saying is we need to stop letting them in to abuse the system most of these people are coming in doing low paid jobs and doing 2 or even 3 jobs aday to be able to afford to live we need to get our own people back to work.

there is a lot of british out there taking the p1ss out of the system aswell like the drunks they are getting more money to help with this addiction but they could come off this.

british/whites don't want to work let them work for there benefits they might think work is good and they just neeed a incentive at the end of it.

And just in case it doesn't come across clearly there, I do believe we need to get our own people working too. They call benefits day pay day, which boils my piss. Pay day is when you have earned your wage. I'd have them working on our streets cleaning them and fixing pot holes etc, but that's against there human rights.. another thing the EU won't let us get rid of

Agreed. For all their faults, the Nazi's had the right idea with job creation for the autobahns etc. Get people to fix our infrastructure etc. Lower unemployment, introduce money to the economy - a better form of quantative easing than giving it to the banks!

Very true m3 if we did something like this we would get all the human rights and that bull$%&t from Brussels in most countrys they don't work they starve so they have to work I pay over 200 pounds a week in taxs if I ask for help of the dhs I would get from them you can have £11.75 a week if I broke my leg I know this as I tried to when I did brake it 6 years ago.

I have worked all my life I know I wont get my money back that I have put in to the system I have paid for these people to claim.

if English people are ill or even oaps I don't mind putting in I am p1ssed I have tol pay for people to come into the country and claim.

this is where m3 is correct it should be a point system,

I only moved here from Ireland in 2012, and I'm flattered that I've been given the opportunity to vote. From what I've heard Cameron has completely slashed the deficit from the Labour f*ck ups, and that given another term he would finish the job. I haven't read the manifestos but I will surely do it before I vote.

I completely agree that Nigel Farage has some great ideas, and I love the way he challanges Brussels at MEP level, but some of them just seem a little extreme?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I said I'm not here that long.

Just for the record, I will not be voting Labour, Miliband is a disaster waiting to happen

Edited by Kermitthefrog

ukip ftw - get the f**k out of europe asap. no point voting for the other parties, they're happy being puppets controlled by people in europe who we don't have the opportunity to vote for.

Seeing what happened in Ireland makes me think out of the Eurozone also. We were loaded with German debt, and threatened to have all emergency funding cut unless we accepted the bailout which effectively put a loan of 50,000 on every man, woman and child in the country. There's a banking inquiry ongoing now, and that Jean-Claude Trichet ballbag stood up and told nothing but lies. The finance minister who was in power at the time died last year, an easy scapegoat.

There is a master plan in action, and Germany will be the only ones who benefit.

So - in answer to my original question - who is going to save me on tax :blink:

Agreed. For all their faults, the Nazi's had the right idea with job creation for the autobahns etc. Get people to fix our infrastructure etc. Lower unemployment, introduce money to the economy - a better form of quantative easing than giving it to the banks!

Tigger mate,hitler and the autobahn creation was a myth and Nazi propaganda......interesting read....

http://www.dw.de/the-myth-of-hitlers-role-in-building-the-autobahn/a-16144981

I was lied to then throughout GCSE and a level history :(

Although the principle of the myth still stands - create jobs, introduce ££ and lower unemployment, and road working is less contentious that raising/arming an army I guess?

Edited by TriggerFish

So - we all got our own choice - happy to hear views. I ain't got a clue who to vote for, don't trust politicians - BUT I can't waste the vote - I gotta vote - its daft not to.

So, being a typical bloke I'm going on the one policy I care about - Tax. Any accountants/economists here? Assuming I earn a reasonable salary - would I be better off with the increased allowance from the Tories/Lib Dems - or would I be better off with no change to allowance but 10p tax band added into the mix by Labour?

IMO the 10p tax band has been made worthless by the rise in personal allownces....Cameron has said he will pass a law not to increase Itax/NI/VAT...so any money saving will come from cuts....labour said they wont increase Itax/NI/VAT,but a bit silent on other taxes so I think the tax take will go up slightly with labour with increased spending on NHS/Scools/police and weirdly for labour..defence,or a bit more money in yer pocket but with decreasing spending on public services with the tory`s....but to be honest the torys have not had a majority in the house for 23 years,if Cameron could not get a majority against brown,with the backdrop of the recession in 2010,then he ain`t gonna get it on Thursday,so your looking at a messy politicle squbble for another coalition again....happy days

From what I've heard Cameron has completely slashed the deficit from the Labour f*ck ups, and that given another term he would finish the job

Yet this says otherwise (not sure which is right after all "there's lie, damn lies and statistics") http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ramesh-patel/growth-cameron-austerity_b_2007552.html

Can't see any good coming from another stretch with the Tories. They're (imo) taking the credit for a upturn in the global economy that would have happened regardless of who was in power. They manipulate figures to make themselves look good and claim undue praise. The media are for most part in their back pocket so Joe public only see what they deem as positive publicity. There are deep rooted problems with this county that they have chosen to mask and spin in their own favour rather than actually addressing them. Plus I can't stand Cameron or George Osborne's slimy and self approving faces. I'll begrudgingly be voting for Labour, and I've a funny feeling there will be a silent majority that will be doing the same.

Can't see any good coming from another stretch with the Tories. They're (imo) taking the credit for a upturn in the global economy that would have happened regardless of who was in power. They manipulate figures to make themselves look good and claim undue praise. The media are for most part in their back pocket so Joe public only see what they deem as positive publicity. There are deep rooted problems with this county that they have chosen to mask and spin in their own favour rather than actually addressing them. Plus I can't stand Cameron or George Osborne's slimy and self approving faces. I'll begrudgingly be voting for Labour, and I've a funny feeling there will be a silent majority that will be doing the same.

Spot on Rob.........and I will be doing the same :)

Just skim read through all the pages. Worries me how many people jump on the "tighten the borders! Stop foreigners from taking our jobs!" Malarky.

Firstly, immigrant's in this country pay something like 20billion more in tax and visa's then they take in benefits so it's actually a good earner for us. It will become even more now that the UK Immigration Health Surcharge has come into effect (a system I helped to build [emoji14]). It completely dwarfs the cost of immigrants claiming benefits.

Secondly, I'm not being funny but, since when did an immigrant take anyone's job here? If they got a job that you were perhaps being interviewed for also, then 9 times out of 10 it's probably because they were better skilled. It's a bit like saying we're all going to buy Jaguars now, not because we like them but because these German car's are all flooding in and taking up all our roads! It's just simply an uneducated thing to state that immigrants are taking up our jobs! Some people just think way too highly of themselves like they deserve things just because you happen to be born here and someone else wasn't.

Thirdly, and this point pops up every single election... Just as many UK citizens migrate onto the continent, I'm sure they are thankful for these so called 'open boarders'.

Lastly, not a single political party has all the answers, so please, stop looking at what they are saying and instead look at simply the facts, judge which of the facts effects you the most and then vote for the party who'll fix it for you the best. Don't go asking others who they think you should vote for, it just sparks up a massive sales pitch to gain their chosen party another vote and has very little effect on getting what the majority of people actually want!

My two cents.