Sam

Sams Z4M - Take 2

Full detail dude! :P

So wash it down then clay bar it to get all the little nasties off.. The dust shouldn't cause any swirls as the particles should be too fine (shouldn't they?). Unless you've got grit on the car taking a wash mit to it should be ok..

Hopefully someone else can confirm to be sure.

Pressure wash it as best you can to remove the dust, then wash with two buckets or at least a grit guard and a mit. A good quality mit wont leave marks.

(going to recommend the Meguiars lambs wool one, ultra soft!)

Then if you want to be anal, clay bar, wash again, polish, wax etc etc

Gorgeous Z Sam, my wife has on ( all be it only a 2.5), but it's a joy to drive. Hope you have miles of fun mate!

Brakes making a noise now, and some plastic trim fell off.

Will get it off to the dealers.

Thanks bosun. Smiles for miles! Was a little slippy on the way to work, very greasy roads. I've already said to the missus, I need some a winter mobile, thinking going all out for a a 4x4, so obviously a defender.

Edited by Sam

It's a rubbing noise, consistent with the speed I'm going, tap the brakes and it goes. It's not always making a noise either.

They are fairly new brakes, so maybe just settling, I've not used them aggressively yet. I'm noticing, again, with the car I drive with my sensible hat on. The 330 was usually fairly full on, now I dordle...

I get something similar in my M3, as if the brake pad isnt sitting right, then a small amount of pressure sorts it. Perhaps your pad has come away from the clip holding it in to the piston? Either way get them to sort it.

Yeah you don't particularly need to drive these hard to get them going quick. They have a bunch of low down in the rev range torque which means 4th - 6th gear taxi car style driving still gets you going at a decent pace, lol.

I'll be getting it booked in, just annoying. They're new.

I knew the limits of the 330, and could press on any gear and condition pretty much, I fear if I attempted the same, I'd be in a big hedge. It needs respect, especially on the narrow back roads I commute on.

If I hear about shows, I'd like to pop a long. I'm active on z4-forum, so will keep an eye out.

Its very much a different sensation to a saloon car too, due to where you are sat in the car. You are literally right over the rear wheels. The pendulum effect feels far greater compared to the saloon for this reason. I love it and when you get used to it you will find your pressing the accelerator that little bit more.

Have you mucked about much with the sport button? I don't really bother with it if im honest. It does sharpen up throttle response but i have no issue with just pressing the pedal harder and find it easier to modulate in non-sport mode.

I agree, the sport button just makes the throttle 99% on for the majority of travel, then 100% for the last little bit. I prefer it off, as you can be more progressive.

Currently at 23.9MPG, done 200 miles including a blast to silverstone and back twice. It's going up on my daily drive.

So much better, and only £4!

It also takes £55 to fill up with super, and gets me 250 miles. Just as good as the 330!

post-1-0-64735800-1437678621_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-52559300-1437678633_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sam

fancied doing an update. Well into 53k's miles now, also under the 10k to service. Goes down 25 miles every time I get in it. so ~400 more commuting days, that's plenty!

A few issues with it though, see here: http://www.e46zone.com/forum/topic/61969-indi-or-bmw/

Basically a few noises/complaints from the front end, nothing throwing money at it won't fix, I imagine!

Still commuting daily in it, it struggles on some roads, some of them have almost a layer on smooth render on them, and it'll spin the wheels at 1500rpm in 3rd when wet. It's only a matter of time before it gets really dicy with icy roads etc. So I am still looking for a 2nd car. Still can't decide if I get a 182 or a old legacy (or similar).

It seems to sing better with the colder air too, it's a much nicer noise.

Can't beat a bit of dark top down action, excuse the blur, trying to do it without being spotted in a petrol station!

post-1-0-28034200-1445518337_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sam