scott-o Posted October 27, 2015 Report Share Posted October 27, 2015 I've had this just over a year now, I needed a quick reliable economical car to use as a daily driver and the e46 330cd seemed like the only viable option! I bought an Alfa 156 as a stop gap whilst I looked for a good one. It took me two months and this one popped up. It had all the right bits done and only had 54k miles. The grey interior wasn't my first choice but when I viewed it i was pleasantly surprised how nice it looked inside and how good the rest of the car was would have made me look passed it anyway. At this point I had a pristine Mk2 Golf GTI which was my main focus so only maintenance money went into the e46 other than the BMW Performance kidney grills, not long after I picked it up: Private plate was transferred over: Other than this it just had an inspection 2 and oil services up until a couple of months back, along with powerflex lollipop and rear trailing arm bushes, new rear brake pipes, a wheel bearing, new tyres and a set of winters. I got a really good offer on my mk2 golf so it ended up going the journey back in September so this free'd up a bit of time money and focus for the e46. Im quite enjoying being back to only the one car as well! Mk2 on the day it went Next bits on the list were 12mm bimmec spacers all round, bilstein b14 coilovers, eibach anti roll bars and an Ecotune downpipe. With all this fitted and settled I had the geo done properly. This has all been done over the last month so it currently looks like this: Then last weekend I got all the NCS software sorted and have done a bit of playing around. Got the drl's sorted and US Sidemarkers. Also managed to make the rear windows one touch close which was something that previously really annoyed me! Quick clean today and there we are: Car is due a new clutch/ flywheel soon and I've got strut braces front and rear (as much to use as reinforcement for the suspension mounts as anything else) on their way. I also have, after a year of keeping an eye out, an Eisenmann race exhaust ordered from Germany! Some of the pics are straight off my Instagram as I don't have all that many of the car to be honest! scottdosborne on there if anyone else has it. I'll update as I go a long so I have a log for the car. Thanks for looking, Scott Daud, momo and Rich330ci 3 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rich330ci Posted October 27, 2015 Report Share Posted October 27, 2015 Looks good! one of my fav colours too!how do you find the Bilstein B14's btw? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fordy 330d Posted October 27, 2015 Report Share Posted October 27, 2015 Looking good mate nice colour also Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
evokid Posted October 27, 2015 Report Share Posted October 27, 2015 Looks ace buddy. Nice Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
scott-o Posted October 28, 2015 Author Report Share Posted October 28, 2015 Looks good! one of my fav colours too!how do you find the Bilstein B14's btw?Thanks Rich, it's getting there, drives really well now!I really like them, they came up from a german bilstein distributor at a really cheap price on ebay so it was a no brainer. They dont go that low but thats not what i bought them for, in the pics its about as low as it'll go, but they've transformed the handling of the car!Looking good mate nice colour also Thanks FordyLooks ace buddy. Nice Cheers matey!Had an email from Eisenmann that my exhaust has been dispatched evokid 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gaz-777 Posted October 28, 2015 Report Share Posted October 28, 2015 Nice clean example there mate, really like the colour too. I really want an eisenmann exhaust for my 330ci. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
scott-o Posted October 29, 2015 Author Report Share Posted October 29, 2015 Nice clean example there mate, really like the colour too. I really want an eisenmann exhaust for my 330ci.Thanks, drivers wing is starting to go but other than that its pretty clean to be honest! The blue wasnt my first choice but it was just a right place right time thing.I've looked out for one second hand for ages but no luck. I've looked at other options including custom but you know what you're getting with Eisenmann! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lynch86 Posted October 29, 2015 Report Share Posted October 29, 2015 Looking good man! Nice find on the eisenmann. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lovin_it Posted October 29, 2015 Report Share Posted October 29, 2015 Nooks very nice and all the mods are just the way I am hoping to go when I get my 330. I am looking forward to seeing your next mods and hopefully a video once the exhaust is fitted. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
coop Posted October 29, 2015 Report Share Posted October 29, 2015 could prob get the wing replaced under warranty, had mine done at main stealers last year [04 plate] Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
avalaugh Posted October 29, 2015 Report Share Posted October 29, 2015 Does look great, where abouts are you ? Would like my rear windows 1 touch too, it's very annoying lolSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
scott-o Posted October 31, 2015 Author Report Share Posted October 31, 2015 Looking good man! Nice find on the eisenmann.thanks, it showed up today and it's a lovely bit of kit, glad I went for one! Nooks very nice and all the mods are just the way I am hoping to go when I get my 330. I am looking forward to seeing your next mods and hopefully a video once the exhaust is fitted.Thanks, got the front brace on when I had 5 minutes today and it catches on one of the ribs on the engine cover. It's going to need a tiny notch out of it which I'll get machined out next week then I'll probably paint it black! I'll try borrow a friends go pro or something and get a half decent video of the exhaust, there doesn't seem to be that many decent running ones of the Eisenmann really! could prob get the wing replaced under warranty, had mine done at main stealers last year [04 plate]thanks matey, I've looked into it and they don't seem to want to touch cars that have had work done in the past. Mines just had some paint and a new wing etc earlier in the year when someone scraped down the side of me. Just my luck the wing that wasn't replaced had started to rust, I'll try and see what they say! Does look great, where abouts are you ? Would like my rear windows 1 touch too, it's very annoying lol Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkCheers buddy, I'm up in the north east of England. The one touch rear windows are a god send! They don't work on the fob though which I need to figure out! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
scott-o Posted October 31, 2015 Author Report Share Posted October 31, 2015 (edited) Couple of quick pics:Just needs a degrease then I'll polish and seal it with the britemax stuff I've got.Pic of the clashing brace, won't take much to sort. Didn't realise it had the machined 'bmw' bit in the middle which I'm not massively keen on either so might get that machined into a rectangular pocket or something. So far the car does actually feel like it turns in a bit more positive, either way it's a nice bit of support for the turrets, same with the rear one that's to go on! Edited October 31, 2015 by scott-o momo 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lovin_it Posted October 31, 2015 Report Share Posted October 31, 2015 Looking good mate. I like the machined bit. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rich330ci Posted November 1, 2015 Report Share Posted November 1, 2015 Looks good! one of my fav colours too!how do you find the Bilstein B14's btw?Thanks Rich, it's getting there, drives really well now!I really like them, they came up from a german bilstein distributor at a really cheap price on ebay so it was a no brainer. They dont go that low but thats not what i bought them for, in the pics its about as low as it'll go, but they've transformed the handling of the car! i know the ones you mean on ebay, i have had an eye on them for a bit now! currently got B4's/Eibach Pro springs which are great but been very tempted by the B14 package! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
scott-o Posted November 2, 2015 Author Report Share Posted November 2, 2015 (edited) Looking good mate. I like the machined bit.Thanks, i've just spaced the horizontal bar up now and it clears, its growing on me. Still think ill paint it satin black though! Looks good! one of my fav colours too!how do you find the Bilstein B14's btw?Thanks Rich, it's getting there, drives really well now!I really like them, they came up from a german bilstein distributor at a really cheap price on ebay so it was a no brainer. They dont go that low but thats not what i bought them for, in the pics its about as low as it'll go, but they've transformed the handling of the car! i know the ones you mean on ebay, i have had an eye on them for a bit now! currently got B4's/Eibach Pro springs which are great but been very tempted by the B14 package! How much are they up for now out of interest? The roll bars are definitely worth an upgrade if you come across any of them on sale, it was like the same again as fitting the coilovers from the standard suspension but its no less comfortable at all.Aiming to polish up and get some sealer on the Eisenmann this week and ill get some decent pictures of it up as there doesnt seem to be that many of them floating around. Really nice bit of kit! Edited November 2, 2015 by scott-o Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
scott-o Posted November 2, 2015 Author Report Share Posted November 2, 2015 I've no idea how or why all the text on the previous post has been hyperlinked to the picture Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rich330ci Posted November 2, 2015 Report Share Posted November 2, 2015 They are about £550 at the moment from Germany, and in the region of £850 from the UK!!also got uprated roll bars on mine which made a nice difference! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
scott-o Posted November 2, 2015 Author Report Share Posted November 2, 2015 Definitely sounds like the same place then, can't fall off for that price! Glad you find the same with the bars, it doesn't seem like a common upgrade but I was really pleased with the difference. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
scott-o Posted November 5, 2015 Author Report Share Posted November 5, 2015 Cleaned up and sealed the exhaust last night, it's getting fitted next wednesday along with new clutch/ flywheel. I'm going to request they remove the clutch delay valve too. A few pictures of the exhaust:Underside:Tips and Plaque close up:Engraved tips:Insides are already colored black, nice touch:Top side:It didnt come with any clamps, which i was surprised at, so i've ordered some Mikalor clamps for it. Mr Xen and Lovin_it 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bungers Posted November 5, 2015 Report Share Posted November 5, 2015 Lovely! You'll love the Eisenmann once fitted, I had one on my 330cd and the transformation was unbelievable. Contemplated one for the 335 but tbh it sounds good enough with just a DPF delete. Mr Xen 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mr Xen Posted November 6, 2015 Report Share Posted November 6, 2015 Just out of interest did you go for the 70 or 76 mm exhaust tips ... Really looking forward to seeing the Eisenmann fitted keep up the good work Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
scott-o Posted November 6, 2015 Author Report Share Posted November 6, 2015 Lovely! You'll love the Eisenmann once fitted, I had one on my 330cd and the transformation was unbelievable. Contemplated one for the 335 but tbh it sounds good enough with just a DPF delete.Thanks Bungers, i looked at all sorts exhaust-wise but Eisenmann seemed like the only safe bet that was really tried and tested and still available. Cant wait to get it on and hear it! Im just as excited about the look to be honest, the bmw tips that have been half bodged onto the diesel backbox at the moment are really letting the car down!How do you find the 335d from your old 330cd? I did think about selling up last month before i did most of this stuff and getting a 335d but decided to save the money from my mk2 and get all these bits fitted finally! It still seems like the natural progression though with the miles i do!Just out of interest did you go for the 70 or 76 mm exhaust tips ... Really looking forward to seeing the Eisenmann fitted keep up the good work Went for the 70mm tips. They look pretty large in person at that, maybe with them being straight cut? I think the larger tips would look too obvious for my tastes! And thanks matey, me too! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mr Xen Posted November 6, 2015 Report Share Posted November 6, 2015 Nice will look forward to the picture updates Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bungers Posted November 6, 2015 Report Share Posted November 6, 2015 I honestly can't think of a better 'real world' car. You'd have to be in something very very special to make it look slow, it's refined, fairly frugal and modern enough to have all the comforts & still look fairly fresh. When I first got it I was disappointed as I missed the manual 'box - I certainly regretted selling the e46 for a while. I've done my 'usual' and upgraded everything and it's now where I want it to be regards styling, power & handling. I think I'll miss this more when it goes (will be up for sale in the next couple of weeks). Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...