Hawk

Hawks, Clubsport, Better pics.

Re the smg wheel, I have an add on loom fitted that enables dropping into sport just by pulling a paddle. 

Pulling both together puts you in and out of sport, or pulling just one jumps to sport but in manual. 

Was expensive at £160, but so worth it. 

1 hour ago, Trevor said:

Re the smg wheel, I have an add on loom fitted that enables dropping into sport just by pulling a paddle. 

Pulling both together puts you in and out of sport, or pulling just one jumps to sport but in manual. 

Was expensive at £160, but so worth it. 

I seen that mentioned in a couple of threads but never any info on how it was done. It's an option I'd like but I've a funny feeling for the first while I'll be flicking it over to the left as soon as the cars started and not moving it till I need to reverse. I'll maybe look into that further and see if I can add it into my loom though.

43 minutes ago, gaz-777 said:

Exciting times going in for paint, keep us posted 😉 Hope they do a good job for you too. 

Cheers fella, I will do. I wouldn't likely have been out in the car tonight but because I couldn't use it, I NEEDED to 😂. It's only day 1 and I've jet washed the drive and detailed my wheelie bins. Who knows what tomorrow will bring 👀

I'm sure they'll do a great job, they've done a few of my cars in the past and I've always been really happy. I've tried a couple of other places for the odd panel and always regretted not using these guys so I'm not too scared 😁. I can't wait to see it all fresh with the csl boot on it though, I'll be like a dog wi two .... 😉

Edited by Hawk

Not much of an update really but a relief for me. The cars been stripped down and preping's getting done. The painter was happy to say that it's all clean and tidy behind the panels/trims and there's been no hidden surprises underneath either. I thought it was a good solid car but on a 14 year old motor you never know until it's stripped so happy days on that front. 

Car's still on schedule to be collected at the end of next week. Nearly there 😀.

Well I didn't get the car on Friday as the painter had snapped his Achilles' tendon 😱😱 so now they're short staffed. I've been told this Friday coming so fingers crossed. 

Well things fell a bit behind schedule at the body shop due to the painter snapping his Achilles' tendon, which as you all likely know is a nasty one, he now thinks I'm cursed as when he was Painting my black Mk3 GTI about 6 years ago, he got rushed into hospital where they removed parts of his bowel and stomach, Obviously that's now my fault too  :laugh: 

Anyway fast forward to today and I get the phone call saying my car is ready. All excited I got to the body shop and seen it all looking mega fresh and no more Clubsport spoiler  :cool3:. I've barely taken any pics as its raining, the wheels need cleaned and I'm trying to get the driveway ready for an enclosed carport/Garage (you'll see what I mean when it's built) but here's what I do have.

First one is the day it went away, I took a shot of the angle I didn't like of the car.
20160710_203851_zpsyew6cz7b.jpg

Then how it's fat ass looks now.
20160802_174702_zpsz9esj5hg.jpg

It needs the rear diffuser and front splitters gloss black or carbon skinned and definately needs bigger exhaust tips but in my opinion it's already massively better.

Here's my first view at the body shop 
20160802_172325_zpsuldm4r2a.jpg

And a couple more. 2nd one its abandoned over a neighbours drive 
20160802_174711_zpsz2plvixw.jpg
20160802_190304_zpsa2ffabn2.jpg

The pics do it no justice and the whole car is looking great paintwork wise but now my eyes drawn to the silly little bits that need cleaned up, so that's something to keep me busy after the interior works done.

I'll get some better shots up soon but the weathers meant to be s**te for the next wee while so it likely won't be in the next few days.

On a side note, going back to the painter, we'd both mentioned before that our first jobs were fabricator welders and he asked me where I served my time, I mentioned it was at my dads company and mentioned the name, he burst out laughing and said "no way, you're Danny's son? I served my time there too", turns out he moved on just before I started. It's a small world alright. 

Anyway you've read enough of my crap, so I'll stop now.

5 hours ago, avalaugh said:

Any pictures of the CSL boot before it was painted fitted ? Looks superb I have to say [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers fella. I only took a couple of crap phone pics I'm afraid but here ya go.

image_zpskravcdrz.jpeg

image_zps3agxvkkz.jpeg

The body shop said the actual boot's a good fit but to fit the lights, plinth and boot lock they had to make all the holes bigger, I guess they're made that way so there's no fall back on them for having loose fittings. Boot cost me £450 delivered from here 

http://www.ssdd-motorsport.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=115 sorry couldn't find a quick link for the non carbon one but they look the same.

Like I said, £450 delivered for the grp like mine, then factor in a couple of hundred (ish) for painting and fitting. Bear in mind they're only cut to suit the pre facelift boot plinths so if your car's a facelift you'll need a pre one, or the boot cut to suit.

Massive improvement, really like it. Great to lose the CS wing ( personal opinion of course :-) )

Just needs a set of LED rear lights to finish it off now ;-)

Edited by Daz 330 Cs
Quote removed.

Cheers lads, it's appreciated.

Facelift LEDs will deinately find their way onto this car at some point as they look much better to me. I'm thinking exhaust tips or back box next though as the pipes which seemed fine before, now look lost with the fat arse to me. I'm wanting twin 3" pipes and have spotted the euro spec exhaust tips that guys are sticking on their M3s and that's exactly the type I'm after. They're £150 for the tips alone though and only get sold in 4s not pairs. I'm pretty sure I'd then have to buy a different back box too as they'd be too wide for mine. I could always buy the tips and get two enhausts made up and sell the other but it's a bit of messing about just to get the look I want. It's a pain in the arse being a picky git at times :-)

Well seeing as the cars all fresh n shiny after the respray I decided to do what I should have done years ago and get some shelter over my driveway. I looked at carports and I looked at Garages and I was having to either make too many sacrifices or the costs were getting up there, so with thinking cap on and a mate as a joiner, I decided to build................ a Garport (no that's not a typo) I ordered up the wood and a 10mm thick polycarbonate roof kit (not the thin cheap crap corrugated stuff) in 6100mm x 3500mm, stained all the wood in rich cedar, dug post holes n here we are after yesterday and today.

First pic, aye my neighbours fence is a work of art. It's a well kept street I live in, all except that one garden, they're really nice folk but she doesn't keep well and he works 6 nights a week and hates DIY/Gardening so that's what they built , I'm tempted order more wood and sort it out myself so I don't have to see it anymore. Anyway, onto the pics.

Driveway in question.
20160801_141604_zpsd0f8tghs.jpg

Car waiting patiently 
20160806_082502_zpspse3umop.jpg

Dig some holes and set 10ft posts in concrete
20160806_082517_zpsa6ulpffy.jpg

Take a pic of Fraz working while I skive
20160806_134540_zps8uxzimnd.jpg

Notch stuff, skelp things with hammers and put rafters up.
20160806_172304_zpsoyntaraj.jpg

Then collapse in pain. It's to be high winds tmrw and there's more wood yet to be delivered, so that's it until Tuesday/Wednesday night when we'll put the roof on it. After that the carport part is finished and  It'll stay like that for a while, then you'll see why I'm calling it a Garport. 

Must say, I can't thank my mate enough for coming round and helping me out (reads doing most of the work) with this, as with my aches n pains I'd never have got round to doing it alone.

That's all for now.

Cheers fella. Yeah it's so easy to launch some stuff for "short term storage" In a garage then before you know it, there's no room for the car. Hopefully you get it cleaned out and get that special toy once the kids have flown the nest 😄.

i popped the car into it today and gave it a snow foam wash, there's plenty of room in there and the car could go back a lot more once I've finished up and removed the crap. Snapped some pics with my phone so may as well add them. 20160807_143942_zpsfcygbyhy.jpg

20160807_143952_zpst0ztzk5e.jpg

20160807_144009_zpsrvcsyqp1.jpg

20160807_144056_zps734ykwud.jpg

once this Garport project is finished. I'll set about adding the new centre console, relocation panel, Royals retrimmed steering wheel with paddles and the Recaros and the inside should feel pretty fresh too. Still plenty to do after that though so I won't get bored for a long time yet.

4 hours ago, Ruesta said:

Looks soooo nice. Great work on the car port too, be wicked when its finished.

Thanks :-), I'm real happy with how it's turning out. Carport is already proving its worth too as its rained for the past two days.

51 minutes ago, Hawk said:

Thanks :-), I'm real happy with how it's turning out. Carport is already proving its worth too as its rained for the past two days.

You lucky so and so :D Its almost guaranteed to rain the day or even hours after I've got my imola coupe all shiny and clean - she has to fend for her self, no car port here :(

3 hours ago, Ruesta said:

You lucky so and so :D Its almost guaranteed to rain the day or even hours after I've got my imola coupe all shiny and clean - she has to fend for her self, no car port here :(

It's raining now. I might go and polish it, just cause I can 😂😂😂

Seriously though, I feel your pain. Living in Scotland with no roof over my car Was a nightmare at times. 

Edited by Hawk

14 hours ago, Hawk said:

It's raining now. I might go and polish it, just cause I can 😂😂😂

Seriously though, I feel your pain. Living in Scotland with no roof over my car Was a nightmare at times. 

Haha!

Well its a beautiful sunny day here and I have the day off work. Oil/filter's service planned followed by a wash.

I have to confess its been ok recently as it goes, weather's been pretty good down south so been able to get a lot of little jobs on her done and she's stayed pretty clean.

Still envy you with that great car port though ;-) 

The weathers been really good up here for the last couple of days so there was no way I wasn't hitting some of my favourite local hotspots in the evenings and taking some better shots of the car away from my house. 

St. Andrews beach with the Links Golf courses in the background. 

20160816_202156_zpsxineiggk.jpg

20160816_202148_zpspvpwgo4d.jpg

20160816_202139_zpsrjzj1zyx.jpg

The Robinson Crusoe statue at Largo, I'm sure it's a front for the many faced gods on Game of Thrones.

IMG_20160816_222803_zpsdgbrr6a4.jpg

Pitmeddin Forrest on Falkland Hill

20160815_193838_zps6wpp99qs.jpg

20160815_193744_zpsco0lmlnb.jpg

20160815_193650_zpsmwmonkrl.jpg

Finally, There's a filter on these at St Andrews Castle as it was getting dark at this point!

image_zpssxmf5bms.jpeg

image_zpsmq82t4ud.jpeg

I've also ordered some pressed plates, rear spacers with longer bolts and som new wax to treat it to its first coat with once the paints fully flashed off. 

She looks f'in lovely mate, one of the best clubbys around. That paint work is just sublime, epic!

Some great shots too - reminds me I need to find some decent places to take a few pics of my imola. Whenever I add pictures to by build thread they're always outside my house or work - got to get some better ones.