Mikey

One Touch Window Operation

Thought I'd post this on here as found it on another forum and haven't seen it anywhere on here. My drivers side window has always been one touch down and one touch up but none of the others have been. I followed this DIY and now they all are.

To set one-touch window operation

Get in car

Close all doors

Ignition to position 2

Press desired window button so window goes all the way down

Release switch

Press and hold button down all the way to second click for 10 seconds

Release switch

Now raise window by pulling switch all the way up

Release switch

Hold switch up for 10 seconds

Release switch

The window should now "One-Touch" You can do this with multiple windows at the same time.

Edited by Mikey

my front passenger and drivers window are already one touch but the rear quarter windows are not one touch, do you know if this works on them ??

be great if it does

Can't speak for coupe quarters. There's only one way to find out ! Works with my vert rears though so I guess the quarters might well be the same. B)

Is it just me that went a bit cross eyed trying to make sense of that?

Be handy if it works and I can figure out what you mean, always thought there was something wrong with mine meaning some windows have one touch and some don't.

Think it's just you. I understood it straight away and went out and done it. B)

ETA: I've put a couple of extra steps in to make it clearer, just for you Matt ! ;)

Edited by Mikey

I always thought this was dealer programmable :)

im gona give this a try on my coupe rear quarters when i go to work in a bit so ill post up wether it works on them or not fingers crossed it does as they are really annoying

im gona give this a try on my coupe rear quarters when i go to work in a bit so ill post up wether it works on them or not fingers crossed it does as they are really annoying

cool save me a Job!!!

My rear quarters open with 1 touch but don´t close with 1 touch, both my fronts do 1 touch up and down

Thought I'd post this on here as found it on another forum and haven't seen it anywhere on here. My drivers side window has always been one touch down and one touch up but none of the others have been. I followed this DIY and now they all are.

Get in car

Close all doors

Ignition to position 2

Press desired window button so window goes all the way down

Release switch

Press and hold button down all the way to second click for 10 seconds

Release switch

Now raise window by pulling switch all the way up

Release switch

Hold switch up for 10 seconds

Release switch

The window should now "One-Touch" You can do this with multiple windows at the same time.

could you PM me the link to this on the other forum

Thanks

Tymm

Ok, just for my own benefit more than anything!

Get in car - Check.

Close all doors - Check

Ignition to position 2 - Check

Press desired window button so window goes all the way down - Check

Release switch - Check

Press and hold button down all the way to second click for 10 seconds - So I need to lift off after the window is down then re-press (window down) again?

Release switch - Check - pending answer to above.

Now raise window by pulling switch all the way up - Check

Release switch - Check

Hold switch up for 10 seconds - As previous issue - raise it - let go - the re-pulling the switch

Release switch - Check

Thats what confused me - letting go then re-pressing/pulling the switches in the same direction

My rear quarters open with 1 touch but don´t close with 1 touch, both my fronts do 1 touch up and down

Coupe rears won't 1 touch close, there's no pinch sensors like there are on the fronts ;)

Thats what confused me - letting go then re-pressing/pulling the switches in the same direction

Yep, you have to lift off and repress when the window is down and do the same when the window is up. B)

Coupe rears won't 1 touch close, there's no pinch sensors like there are on the fronts ;)

Dam!!!

If you didnt let go, then re-press the button, you would simply be putting the window down and then back up (as you would normally use them anway) and expecting it to program for one touch.

Thats what I thought about the vert rears too. Mikey, did you do yours already?

Mikey, did you do yours already?

Yep, last night. I may change them back because of the little un though and keep the fronts one touch. Just have to disconnect the battery to reset it.

Edited by Mikey

I can confirm this doesn't work on coupes. The rear button only has 1 click to it so there is no way to differentiate between manual and auto close. Maybe if you did that thing Snowcat did where he removed some plastic from underneath the switch?

So is it just a physical property (of the switch) that stops the coupes rear quarters from 1-touch closing or is it electrically limited (pinch sensor)??

Went to do mine yesterday and realised they were all already 1-touch! Nice! B)

So is it just a physical property (of the switch) that stops the coupes rear quarters from 1-touch closing or is it electrically limited (pinch sensor)??

Both.

Not sure if you remove the physical barrier whether this procedure will get around the electronic one too.

Did this on my Vert last night with varying levels of success and failure.

All 4 windows now drop with one touch individually and with the centre button.

IIRC they all go up with one touch from the centre button.

But only the drivers side front window goes up with one touch individually.

Hmm. mine all go up one touch individually or with the centre button. :unsure:

Both.

Not sure if you remove the physical barrier whether this procedure will get around the electronic one too.

From what I remember, Snowcat said that you need to change a setting in the LCM too, no dealer will do it but a knowledgeable indy should be able too.

From what I remember, Snowcat said that you need to change a setting in the LCM too, no dealer will do it but a knowledgeable indy should be able too.

Indeed, but did he know of this procedure?

Probably, cos he was a know-it-all :D.

Indeed, but did he know of this procedure?

Probably, cos he was a know-it-all :D.

this is very true! :lol: