Aly

Introducing The A6

very nice mate, just went the same route as yourself and bought an 07 S-Line. couple of comments/questions:

- please put the chrome audi rings back on the front! Looks like they have fallen off and left a gap.

I actually like the look, so is staying as is... Ties the rest together imho!

- when you painted the window surrounds did you remove the trims or just mask them off? Mine are crappy along the bottom of each window and I dont know if I should replace or plastidip them.

Did not remove them, as its a door cards off job! I'm assuming yours have gone cloudy? Very common issue unfortunately... I'd actually recommend getting them vinyl wrapped as it will last a lot better than plastic-dip! Will cost a little more but it'll be worth it in the long run (that's what I'm getting done)

- what made you get the parrot vs AMI upgrade? or did you not have bluetooth for the phone already?

Well the reason being the dealer wouldn't pay for the OEM set up, and this system kind of works for me as now I have all the connections in the glove box, sd card reader, ipod, iphone, usb reader, aux port. as well as streaming through the Bluetooth.

Im in the same boat re rims. I cant really think of nicer 19" rims that I REALLY want. Im tempted by the ones you posted but the reps dont seem to be as nice as the oem ones. So I might just get the rs6s refurbed.

I'm holding out for a set of OEM RS6 wheels also.. They are going for about 1.4k + though!

So what variant did you go for??? Looks lovely B)

Welcome to the dark side!!! :ph34r:

My missus has the 2.0ltr Tdi 170bhp Leon. Awesome engines!! I think remapped it should be closer to 200bhp or more but i'd never let her get it remapped as she speeds enough as it is.. :P

In the A3 at one point the 140bhp and 170bhp version both had identical 2.0 tdi engines and both could be tuned up to about 200bhp ish. I think they stopped doing that and then both had slightly different turbos. What's the difference between the 140 and 170 2.0 tdi in the a6? Apart from bhp obv

Yes the CR's are WAAAAY more reliable..

Something to do with an oil pump IIRC. It stops working and the engine runs dry hence wrecked engine in the PD models but I think there's a fix out there. Kinda like the swirl flap issue on BMW's. The CR's simply don't need it and are all around more reliable.

PD reliability is WAY overblown. There are BILLIONS of the feckers on the roads in everything from leons to golfs / A4s / the lot. Early ones suffered from injector problems (replaced under recall) and oil pump issues. Oil pump was bad in the 05/early 06 cars iirc, and better (but not perfect) in the 06 and on cars.

so much nonsense about them. they are a terrific engine, much better than the 1.9s to drive.

Yeah the 2.0 is way more refined. At the end of the day how many people join a forum to say how good their engine/car is??? That's the problem with the interweb! Too much scaremongering...

So finally made a decision on the Alloys today. Balanced and fitted today..

Spec are as follows..

Bridgestone Potenza tyres - 255/35/19

Wheel size - 8.5 x 19

Stud pattern - 5 x 112

Offset - ET32 CB - 66.6

Audi Part No - 8T0 601 025 H

Speedlines

They were originally on an S5. The rear does rub slightly so I'll be looking into getting the rear's rolled! Anyone done this on a C6?

Anyways... Not many pics as it's raining pretty heavy atm!

20130731_133643.jpg

Bit of poke anyone?

20130731_133017.jpg

2013-07-31195150.png

2013-07-31195238.png

Resident Curry Muncher

Before

post-902-13766024334855_thumb.jpg

After

post-902-13766024505004_thumb.jpg

So got the car alignment done. Using a 'Hunter' DSP600. As you can see from the results they weren't that bad! But after speaking to John (Owner of Pro-Grip) at length we decided to leave the camber at the rear! As this could make matters worse for me (in regards to the rubbing issue)

John also stated my car is 10mm lower than a std S-Line spec car... I wonder why??? Nonetheless I'm happy with the way the car feels and for £58 I can't complain...

So the hunt is on for a metal machine person that can take a little off my wheels!

post-902-13766024932315_thumb.jpg

post-902-13766025065075_thumb.jpg

Resident Curry Muncher

Hi all. Well today I got delivery of these bulbs and load resistor packs to fit to the bus!!!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=270845628917

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=271014350258

The plan is to change the setting to DRL's using VCDS.

Not to everyone's taste but I quite like the crisp not to bright look!

I had to butcher the load resistor packs a little to make them fit into the fog housing!

I'll get some nite time pics up soon..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4