Daviee

Andrive Chat

I'm sure this is mentioned elsewhere, but can these units get the MPG data etc. like the stock navs can via the CANbus, or is that not a function?

The units come with a 12 month warranty so would expect any niggling issue to be sorted.

Two years under EU law :)

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1677034/Two-year-warranty-EU-law.html

http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/ecc/consumer_topics/buying_goods_services_en.htm

Alright chaps, I'm considering purchasing an Andrive and just wanted to hear from a few owners regarding overall experience and any perceived issues / niggles. I have a few questions also:

Are all of the them affected by this Canbus reset issue?

Does the unit remember the last screen / function it was on when powering off / back on?

Do the volume increments work properly both on the unit and via the steering controls i.e. no massive jumps in volume?

For those of you with the oem CD autochanger, does it retain this funtion?

For those of you with the HK system, does it integrate well and does the 'spatial' button still work?

Hi Guys,

Heres the lowdown on this:

The canbus is the same across many manufacturers units, mainly because quite a few of the different oem style manufacturers use the same canbus unit.

The reason this happens on some cars and not others is all down to the cars test pulse system.

Basically the same system that checks the lights etc, send a pulse on start up over the canbus, causing the system to switch function on ignition.

We are currently working with the manufacturer to resolve this and have pinpointed the issue. If you can turn this function off in your diagnostic software, it stops the issue, if not, we are working on a fix for this, as well as a retrofit.

As for your questions Rebel, here's a few answers for you ;)

Are all of the them affected by this Canbus reset issue?

Its vehicle dependant, the car is actually causing it with it's test pulse.

Does the unit remember the last screen / function it was on when powering off / back on?

Yes, but the test pulse as above causes it to switch

Do the volume increments work properly both on the unit and via the steering controls i.e. no massive jumps in volume?

On the unit, goes up in 1's - on the wheel, one press = 1 volume up.

For those of you with the oem CD autochanger, does it retain this funtion?

No, the cd changer becomes redundant.

If you can turn this function off in your diagnostic software, it stops the issue,

cheers for the info, is there a link to how to do this, i have the diagnostic software and coded other things but what's needed to do this, and regards turning it off, does this cause other issues i should now about?

Andrive have told me they are working on a new box as I pointed this problem out a good while ago. Also a firmware update is also supposed to be sorting out the gps problem but yet to see any of the above. As for the brackets, these are supposed to be on order. They have been very helpful in the past with installation issues but it has gone concerningly quiet since. The units come with a 12 month warranty so would expect any niggling issue to be sorted.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

These bit and Bob's.

Phil, thanks for your reply. Will the new unit / retrofit fix for the canbus issue be made available FOC to existing customers?

Andrive have told me they are working on a new box as I pointed this problem out a good while ago. Also a firmware update is also supposed to be sorting out the gps problem but yet to see any of the above. As for the brackets, these are supposed to be on order. They have been very helpful in the past with installation issues but it has gone concerningly quiet since. The units come with a 12 month warranty so would expect any niggling issue to be sorted.

These bit and Bob's.

Spare E39 brackets should be in by the end of next week. Working on the update as we speak.

If you can turn this function off in your diagnostic software, it stops the issue,

cheers for the info, is there a link to how to do this, i have the diagnostic software and coded other things but what's needed to do this, and regards turning it off, does this cause other issues i should now about?

Hi All,

Just been checking out some of the Andrive threads as I'm looking at getting one in the next week or so. My main query was about the GPS issues people were having in some of the original Andrive sets where the GPS was stating 0 MPH and getting confused with location etc..

I was just wondering if these sort of issues has been ironed out now?

Regards

Swain90

Hi All,

Just been checking out some of the Andrive threads as I'm looking at getting one in the next week or so. My main query was about the GPS issues people were having in some of the original Andrive sets where the GPS was stating 0 MPH and getting confused with location etc..

I was just wondering if these sort of issues has been ironed out now?

Regards

Swain90

My Andrive unit was delivered on Monday and so far, I've been playing with a few navigation apps and bar the one I actually want to use, the GPS reports speed perfectly fine and location seems accurate.

I've installed OsmAnd along with the GB_South East England maps and used it on my way to work this morning and it registered my location perfectly fine and displayed a pretty accurate speed.

Annoyingly though, Navfree is the one I'd like to use at the moment, and it just doesn't seem to work. Google Maps, Wisepilot, OsmAnd, GPS Test, etc are all reporting perfect data from the GPS device. Navfree on the other hand shoves me in the middle of the Gulf of Guinea, refuses to register anything from the GPS. It doesn't complain there is no GPS signal until I disable all location services, but with GPS set to use sattelites within Android and the GPS setting within Navfree turned on, it doesn't register anything.

I don't know for certain, but I believe this is a Navfree specific issue due to the rest of the apps working fine. OsmAnd does work fine, I just think the app itself looks terrible. It's functional, but I'd like something that looks nice as well. Don't mind paying, but I don't want to pay for something only to find it doesn't work which is why I'm running round the free ones first.

If anyone is looking for a better launcher than the stock Go Launcher EX the Andrive unit ships with, then I can heartily recommend this one.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flaki.frontend&referrer=utm_source%3Dappbrain%26utm_medium%3Dappbrain_web%26utm_campaign%3Dappbrain_web

It's very customisable, and it's much, much safer to use than the s**tty tiny icons the Go Launcher uses. I was definitely going to crash the car sooner or later using that.

There is a nag-screen that pops up every once in a while, but if you make a small donation to the author, it goes away. Or so it said when I donated.....

The following morning, the nag popup reappeared, so I mailed the author. Absolutely fantastic support - a few mails back and forth with clear instructions and the popup's gone forever. So many people take your money and never help you again, this guy responded within a 20 mins, and it was all sorted half an hour later.

Superb app.

I may have a look at that. I don't know what I did, but one morning it came up asking me what Launcher I wanted to use and somehow I ended up in the default Android launcher, rather than the GO Launcher EX. Finding the default Android one is easier to use so stuck with that, but may take a look at that one :)

I may have a look at that. I don't know what I did, but one morning it came up asking me what Launcher I wanted to use and somehow I ended up in the default Android launcher, rather than the GO Launcher EX. Finding the default Android one is easier to use so stuck with that, but may take a look at that one :)

That was caused by an update to Go Launcher EX. Monday or Tuesday last week, I forget now.

When you install a new launcher (or update an existing one) you are presented with a choice when you press any of the standard system tray buttons (home, back etc). That's how you've ended up using the stock ICS launcher.

If you want to change this, go to android settings, apps, all apps. Find the one marked 'android launcher' or something like that, and click it. Scroll down, and hit 'clear defaults' . Then press the home button. The choice of launchers installed will pop up again.

Sorry if the following has been answered before...

Does the Andrive unit support the automatic volume adjustment feature to compensate for engine and road noise like the standard radio does?