Cannockwolf

Cannockwolf's S/C 330ci LSB in Winter Mode

used it in anger for the first time today, hands full of carrier bags and worked a treat :D

also figured out that the bungs unscrew not just twist out, turned it 10 times and they dropped out, but of an misunderstanding there.

the csl may be lighter overall but that big over hang makes it heavier to lift so i reckon yes it probably would, theres loads of info in that other thread, i think theres some issues if your gas struts are a bit knackered too but its all in there :)

Edited by Cannockwolf

pulley turned up yesterday, along with the vanos anti rattle and seal kits i was recommended

post-6240-0-75431000-1381488698_thumb.jp

post-6240-0-67497400-1381488700_thumb.jp

The M3 EVO manifold has gone to AA Silencers along with new gaskets to make a new flange plate and also the EID Titanium wrap, so waiting for him to get back on that, the Schrick cams are in and im just waiting on delivery of those.

Awesome work as ever! Wonder who has the fastest 330 in the UK? Yours has to be one of only a few that has had this level of work doing.

I still think you should have had multiple dyno runs though to see exactly how much gain you have gotten from individual mods. Be interesting to see which gave the most bang for the buck.

Theres 2 or three on this forum, at least ones got a stage 3 too, but with the mods coming next year im hoping to turn this into something special ^_^

I do agree, but its work atm thats the problem, ive been staying here to 9pm to keep up with jobs (everything os always needed urgently lol) and they will only do it mon-fri 9-5 so its impossible, December will be easier though

Basically whats happening is they are getting a new flange laser cut from oem gaskets, then cutting off the old flange from the evo headers and re-welding them on the new, then its just a case of getting the other end to meet up with the old exhaust, the chap seems to think its pretty straight forward but it will take all day to do, Im using AA Silencers in Stafford

ive ordered an M3 vert front ARB on ebay been looking at the convertible non-M3 rear arbs but i'm a little confused.

Is it just the sports package that is the 20mm bar? i can find 3 different sizes on realoem, if i get one from a 320-330c sport vert is that the one i'm after?

EDIT: got the size wrong

Edited by Cannockwolf

21mm? They're 20mm off a non-M at the biggest I think. 20mm seems to be on the 330 verts.

That's what I got anyway, paid £10 off eBay. Seemed to make a bit of a difference.

yes 20mm looking at figures so long made me numeral blind lol

its not clear but 20mm is listed as an option on 320 upwards,

£10 thats a bargain, not many available but im putting some feelers out with people breaking

im getting addicted to how the HSD Monos are handling, this and a couple of things planned next year should take it to another level while still keeping it a comfortable drive

Edited by Cannockwolf

Hmmm, I didn't know that. I found one listed as a 330ci, so I asked if he'd measure it up and it happened to be 20mm. Winning!

Doesn't impact ride comfort either to answer your question on another thread.

I've get to drive my HSDs in anger, but they feel like they should be very impressive once tracked up properly.

the Schrick cams are in and im just waiting on delivery of those.

Be sure that your supplier is packing the cams carefully.

The shop where I bought them from thought that the standard schrick cartboard sleeve would be sufficient for the parcel service.....

schade.jpg

...obviously not.... :wacko:

(I got a new one though for free so they handled things good (and they learned that cams are brittle :lol: )

Are you really planning a TS3 upgrade in the future? :thumbup:

That's an expensive one (not only the kit, but also the work on the head)

Edited by GuidoK

Wow! Luckily I know them well and they are hand delivering them to me as they are local, ts3 is something long in the future, if at all, it will be a hobby project when this is my second car.