bungers

Bungers' 'Frankenstein' e92 335d

I've had it nearly a year, this and the X5 are going to free up some cash to put into the house/my car collection.

Latest updates - went in to BMW on Wednesday for a service, got given the obligatory 'health check sheet' and they picked up that the brake discs are apparently 80% worn. I've noticed a bit of brake judder recently so have ordered new discs & pads all round. I'm aware that it's probably the lower control arm bushes rather than the discs as there's no judder through the pedal. A common upgrade is to fit M3 items so I've ordered up M3 upper & lower arms. Shouldn't be spending all this prior to sale but I don't like my cars to have issues!

So, new brakes all round went on, M3 arms as well as a new steering rack (old one was leaking) and have now put it up for sale :-(

Still got it!  Brand new Bosch glow plugs fitted last weekend (09/01/16).  Fresh photo's here: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0f5nhQST32gmn

Edited by bungers

Same deal I had with the e46, people are too hung up on mileage and can't seem to understand that condition and stacks of receipts are better than something with next to no miles on the clock.

Got an e46 tourer that I'm going to smoke about in for a while whilst I concentrate on the uno turbo & TVR.  Ordered an A4 that'll be replacing the X5 for a couple of years; that thing is wearing thin!

Hi.

I found Paul`s advert on selling the car at the worst possible moment, just before the Christmas holiday when I was quite short on money and also had a two weeks trip already planned. I did my best to get the necessary finance but without any luck. I felt like everything was against me so I gave up. After coming back from holiday I was almost sure the car has been sold but I said it`s worth asking Paul if he still has it. And... lucky me, after a lot of struggling the car got into my possession. Since then I`ve been enjoying it every day. :D

Soon the Eibach coilovers will replaced by a Road and track by Ohlins kit. At the same time I will change all the bushes and arms at the rear axle. The arms and the subframe bushes will be upgraded to the m3 ones, some mounts to powerflex and the rest OEM. 

I own an e46 330ci as well, and my previous car was e36 318is. We can say Paul`s Frankenstein is on good hands and I will try to continue the project he started.

5525_547119222129689_6682571981048830809_n.jpg

Edited by kristikapa
xx