theworkerbee

The 330ci successor

Yeah I know what you mean, I have always liked them though and definitely think it looks better from certain angles.

You can, comes in at around £1k so not really something that I'd be too interested in to be honest. Think I'm going to go for a Dension 500bt instead. Not only does the hardware cost, you need to get it coded as well as new consoles etc

Beware of Dension products, my local audio shop would not sell me the gateway as they said every one this year had problems and the owners took the car back again and again. Let me know if you find another better solution - and no, I don't want Dynavin or the like:)

I'm sad that you got rid of the 330.. but if you've ferrying around Children etc I can see why the 6 has got your vote.

I'm just not a fan of the shape... I don't even find it quirky either. It just looks like an old mans car! Sorry dude!

I guess, each to their own... plus it's a v8 so all is forgiven. haha.

Hey Daz, yeah it wasn't an easy decision, I just felt like I could currently afford a bigger engine so didn't want to miss out on the opportunity.

Haha that's okay, it is a bit of a marmite car, but me and my daughter (she's 2 and a half) love it and like you said, you can't go wrong with a v8.

I was supposed to be getting the resonators removed but the garage didn't really have the time. I've heard one with straight pipes and it'd be too much for the wife's car.

So spent some time cleaning the outside, due to skipping a week it was in need of a good clean:

DSC_2434_s.jpg

DSC_2464_s.jpg

DSC_2436_s.jpg

DSC_2435_s.jpg

My mrs had taken the kids for a walk so I thought I would remove the filters and have a quick look to see if the drains were clear. Please note, due to laziness, I kept telling myself that the engine bay is quite clean so the drains would be fine, however, today I decided to just double check as I keep putting it on hold. Don't make this same mistake. Keep looking though to see how much I removed:

DSC_2440_s.jpg

DSC_2441_s.jpg

DSC_2443_s.jpg

DSC_2451_s.jpg

DSC_2444_s.jpg

DSC_2453_s.jpg

DSC_2452_s.jpg

DSC_2457_s.jpg

DSC_2453_s.jpg

DSC_2456_s.jpg

DSC_2458_s.jpg

Some of what was removed:

DSC_2455_s.jpg

DSC_2461_s.jpg

Then took this opportunity to give the engine bay plastics a quick clean:

DSC_2463_s.jpg

DSC_2438_s.jpg

DSC_2439_s.jpg

Lastly, I found this on the left side, underneath the filter holder. Anyone know where its from?

DSC_2460_s.jpg

DSC_2459_s.jpg

Replaced the bonnet badge, seems that the badge unclipped from its holder, so not sure if it was stolen or just came apart:

DSC_2521_s.JPG

Then treated her to a wheel from Royal Steering:

DSC_2497_s.JPG

DSC_2500_s.JPG

Much better.

Film of oil on the gearbox so will be getting the sump and sleeve changed shortly. First up, will be purchasing a new air filter, and CCV breather valves as it is 11 years old and the air filter hasn't been changed in 2 years.

So gave the car a quick clean:

DSC_2584_s.jpg

DSC_2581_s.jpg

And then as a preventative, I changed both the breather valves. To be fair, they were in very good condition, perhaps they've been previously done.

Used:

DSC_2602_s.jpg

New:

DSC_2598_s.jpg

Took the engine cover off, filthy underneath:

DSC_2600_s.jpg

The used one with the cap off:

DSC_2601_s.jpg

Gave the surrounding area a quick clean:

DSC_2603_s.jpg

No hose :S again, leads me to believe that its been done...

DSC_2599_s.jpg

All done, quick clean and final shot:

DSC_2604_s.jpg