RickyZ

What Wheels are left

I hate to be the bearer of bad new Ricky, but your's isn't all that different to the one in that picture even with the mods you mentioned.

Yep, the differences are hardly night and day. I know you say the CSL wheels have been done and are over-done, but if your're going to have a CSL bonnet, would that not all tie in, yours will still then be unique

I would wait and not rush into a purchase, wait for something rare to come up for sale.

As for ACS type 2's - they only look good with the concaved e39 fitment - which would cause your rubbing issues.

My mate Mahal is selling his Hamanns (i can try and see what he is willing to accept price wise): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-19-Hamann-HM2-Alloys-Tyres-for-BMW-E46-E36-E90-VW-T5-/321213269030?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&fits=Car+Make%3ABMW&hash=item4ac9cd8426

And, cant believe im saying this, but fake splits: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19-DARE-RS-ALLOY-WHEELS-FIT-BMW-3-SERIES-E46-E90-WITH-WIDER-REAR-NEW-/390630754037?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item5af36846f5

I hate to be the bearer of bad new Ricky, but your's isn't all that different to the one in that picture even with the mods you mentioned.

I think the one in the pic is nicer than Ricky's! Subtle and understated FTW :)

aye, at the moment it'll be a bit of a mish mash, x5 wheels, m3 mirrors, CSL alloys...there's no way you have OCD lol.

Like when you pick all the parts of the sexiest women to make one superwoman, step back and think :blink:

Hope that doesn't sound too harsh btw

Hi,

What's your budget?

You've got a shortlist of what you like at least and I fully understand about wanting a set that's different from other other enthusiasts!

There's plenty of choices out there which will look absolutely awesome, but they're on the pricier side hence me asking about your budget. I'm guessing 5 spokes are the design element you'd like but you'd also consider the usual cross spoke/mesh styles ?

Cheers, Dennis!

Style 313, end of conversation.

Dont suit the E46 IMO, thanks for suggestion

Disagree, although I don't think the standard finish would suit a black E46, perhaps a refurb in silver (imagine with slimmer tyres)?

img2029a.jpg

img2027i.jpg

Style 230's?

g56l.jpg

Edited by bungers

I don't care much for thinking things through, I just have the balls to try new things, if it looks crap, no matter, I'll just sell them & buy more @ minimal cost to myself.

Just buy the things you want for your car rather than relying on everyone on the forum.

Edited by j2ybm

Whilst Jay's approach is kind of cool and something I can relate to (but can no longer be bothered with myself), I think Ricky needs to think some things through a bit more and think other things through a lot less :)

Looking back at the picture today I agree

I would wait and not rush into a purchase, wait for something rare to come up for sale.

As for ACS type 2's - they only look good with the concaved e39 fitment - which would cause your rubbing issues.

My mate Mahal is selling his Hamanns (i can try and see what he is willing to accept price wise): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-19-Hamann-HM2-Alloys-Tyres-for-BMW-E46-E36-E90-VW-T5-/321213269030?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&fits=Car+Make%3ABMW&hash=item4ac9cd8426

And, cant believe im saying this, but fake splits: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19-DARE-RS-ALLOY-WHEELS-FIT-BMW-3-SERIES-E46-E90-WITH-WIDER-REAR-NEW-/390630754037?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item5af36846f5

Thanks dude but I am not feeling either of those

bbs style 5s

(18 inches i know)

But it is just so BMW

Nope lol but thanks

Not liking them, prob 600 max (assuming 300 for my current wheels)

I like them but not sure how they would look on mine

Hi,

What's your budget?

You've got a shortlist of what you like at least and I fully understand about wanting a set that's different from other other enthusiasts!

There's plenty of choices out there which will look absolutely awesome, but they're on the pricier side hence me asking about your budget. I'm guessing 5 spokes are the design element you'd like but you'd also consider the usual cross spoke/mesh styles ?

Cheers, Dennis!

As above, 600 max, on the above, basically yea

Mines a pre-facelift dude, would love some 230s but most are cracked :(

If your budget is only £600 then really? Don't bother dude! You're only going to be fitting more pap at that price! Spend the £600 fitting all the bits you've amassed as part of your 'plan' and then see about wheels at the end.

Land Rover Mondials? Would look sweet on a black coupe and would defo be diffrent :) Im sure its been done before but i havnt seen any pictures :/

Not for me thanks dude

Just get a custom set of wheels made if you want to be unique. As you've already got rolled rear arches can you not look at the 5/6 series range of wheels?

Cost would be too much, I have looked but cannot see any I like that would fit lol

Whilst Jay's approach is kind of cool and something I can relate to (but can no longer be bothered with myself), I think Ricky needs to think some things through a bit more and think other things through a lot less :)

I prefer to think things through first, what should I think through less ?

I don't care much for thinking things through, I just have the balls to try new things, if it looks crap, no matter, I'll just sell them & buy more @ minimal cost to myself.

Just buy the things you want for your car rather than relying on everyone on the forum.

Nothing to do with balls if I want to do it I will, remember how many people said dont get the current wheels

You dont try new things either you do EXACTLY the same with every car you get and always lose money

I ve spent a while looking on here lol

If your budget is only £600 then really? Don't bother dude! You're only going to be fitting more pap at that price! Spend the £600 fitting all the bits you've amassed as part of your 'plan' and then see about wheels at the end.

But if I keep my current tyres then 600 is quite a good budget surely ? I intend to fit all my other bits first, but I need to know what wheels to aim for lol

are those figures Jay's mentioned really correct Ricky, 9k for the car and around 4k in mods. how long ago did you buy it and what sort of mileage has it done now? not that it really matters as you're not selling but depreciation makes me cry :cry:

and back on topic, you're keeping you tyres, what sizes are they?

Edited by Dr T

So i loose money? You paid what, 9 grand for that heap of s**t 330 of yours? You've spent 4k plus on it? so i think you'll find you've lost al lot more money than me.

just waiting for everyone to shove their hand up you & play you like a puppet as usual rather than using any common sense & going out & buying something you want.

7K, prob 5K in mods but have made at least 2K back in selling stuff, in total, ha BS you've had how many E46s now and you make a lose on almost all of them I imagine, I mean seriously how many people want broken suspension and style 32s

I have lost money for sure but no where near as much as you

So because I ask for some peoples opinions I am a puppet ay, grow up