Sam87

Who can remap my 330cd around London?

Hello everyone

Recently the turbo in my 330cd started to whistle as I was changing gears so I decided to get it fixed.

I sent the turbo to TURBO DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED and asked them to upgrade everything they could.

i just got my turbo back today and the guys told me I need to remap my car ASAP otherwise the engine will blow as the new turbo will spin so much faster than the old one the engine can't take it without getting it remaped.

the car was standard before apart from a dtuk tuning box which I must say made the car pull so much harder than my old standard 330d (204bhp).

when I fit the new upgarted turbo I will also decat the car and fit allard egr delet.

who do you guys recommend I take my car to for a remap? I'm based in west london, near Fulham/Hammersmith. I don't mind traveling up to 30-50 miles. If there is a place that you guys recommend I go to and it's 100 miles away if still go but if prefer if it's not too far. How much am I looking for a remap?

one more question, this new turbo is good for 350+bhp but I don't want to go over 300bhp in my car.

with the things that I've mentioned, upgarted turbo, de cat, egr delet and remap what do you guys think my car will produce? The car is a 330cd m sport manual 2006 model. I would love to upgrade the intercooler also but I can't do it right now. 

sorry for all the questions, any help/advise would be much appreciated 

My E46 330d 6sp manual with decat and remap made 265bhp on the rollers, no other engine mods, so you should see at least 265bhp.

Edited by mjn

sounds daft to me,surely they are talking cak.also do not take oyur car above 270 bhp ish,you will need clutch/intercooler/and a few other mods like injectors to safely handle over 300 bhp,my car is running around 265bhp and its fine,only egr delete as a mod,been mapped for nearly three years on original clutch.

Edited by rasa

Remaps are always a good idea but this ^reasoning above from your garage seems stupid¡

Anyway, there appears to be a lot of love for Glen Wilding on the 330d facebook group

Thanks for the replies guys.

thats what I thought as well, blow the engine!? Sounded a bit over the top IMO but I need to get it done anyways so I can get the best out of the mods. I'll have a look at the guy you mentioned on face book

any more places you guysrecommend? 

Thanks guys

Tigger Fish, I called bw chip tune today but the owner wasn't there so I didn't get a price. Are you saying I shouldn't go there? If other people have had bad experience please let me know 

thanks again for your help guys

11 hours ago, Nimraynn said:

AMD Tuning in Thurrock should be able to sort you out a good remap :)

I just went on they're site and there's some bad reviews about them. Anyone from here had any work done by them on they're 330d e46?

32 minutes ago, Sam87 said:

Thanks guys

Tigger Fish, I called bw chip tune today but the owner wasn't there so I didn't get a price. Are you saying I shouldn't go there? If other people have had bad experience please let me know 

thanks again for your help guys

Have a read of the posts on this page (page 5) Sam: 

Thank you for the links.

I did speak to bw chiptune and they quoted me £450 to get the car remaped and put it on the dyno... Power would be about 280-285bhp and if I wanted 300-305bhp it would cost £550

i spoke to them so I could get an idea what they offer and because I've never remaped a car before i don't know what to expect to pay price wise? What do you guys think?

One more question. Does anyone know chrish (that's his user name on m3cutters)?

hi has a silver e46 330cd with over 400bhp

id like to get incontact with him and see if he can remap my car.

5 hours ago, Sam87 said:

One more question. Does anyone know chrish (that's his user name on m3cutters)?

hi has a silver e46 330cd with over 400bhp

id like to get incontact with him and see if he can remap my car.

Have a check with @DJ Syxx

Re BWChiptune, I paid less, my car was 184hp and went to 220hp but my torque is about 400

When going for more power you may need to play with your flywheel, have a look her: 

Also, @bungers has always used Mike at Motech performance: 

BWChiptune did say to me that a later 204 car was more £££ to map.

Suf - that 220bhp figure is 16bhp more than mine rolling roaded at. I sense some dyno discrepancy based on the performance differences between our two cars (although I guess it's all bum dyno given they're not been driving next to each other...)

Surrey Rolling Roads seems pretty reliable so I trust their dyno , not sure I trust BW Chiptune ..... :)

I'd expect them to over-promote if anything though? It rr'd at within 3bhp of stock figure, so seems fairly accurate to me?

Meh... To answer the OPs question - I wouldn't recommend them. While there was technically nothing wrong, it wasn't an experience that made me feel a valued customer... (As outlined in Suf's links)