JDS1808

What fuel do you use?

Cheap asda stuff. Would better stuff make a difference? Maybe, but on a 220k miles engine? I doubt it! (it did on my polo gti, but then the price difference between regular and premium got too high for the better mpg to offset the extra cost).

V Power all the way. Filled up with BP normal stuff once and it made the car really lumpy on start up. Tried a tank full again about a month later with same result, first 10 minutes of driving were awful, like it was in the wrong gear. Even tried the BP premium stuff once and although a little better, it still wasn't as good. I get good return on V Power and car feels great with it.

Supermarket stuff (usually Sainsburys) with Millers additive. Maybe the additive makes a difference, maybe it doesn't, but it works out cheaper than VPower and has similar stuff in.

asda for 15 year,sister works at the garage and she has told me shell tankers sometimes come,dont know if they were just tankers with same old stuffin but hay ho,this was a few year ago the shell tankers,i never use morrisons as they have around 7% bio diesel in their fuel, and as i used to own a ford with the tiniest injector width (2 microns) it was a no brainer

Tesco 99 in the Z4 MC.

Put some Esso 97 in as that was all that was near by and it bought up an EML light! Refilled with Tesco 99 and a few ignition cycles later the light went out never to return.

On my old E46 330 though it used to just get whatever was nearest and never had any problems.

I was using V-Power or the BP Ultimate all the time, but recently when my local BP only had the standard 95 stuff I had no choice. Filled up with that, saved a few quid and have been using it ever since with no problems what so ever. Its quite a bit cheaper than the high octane stuff and (at least in the BP) you can get it at every pump rather than just the one they have the Ultimate stuff at.

Shell V-Power for me and I notice the difference in performance. I never mix fuels as they're never the same and I always keep away from supermarket. The amount of cars we get at work with destroyed A/F sensors and lambda sensors due to being coated in silicone and s**t.

Tesco 99 every time

I tried to use this on mine, as I had about 20p off per litre on my clubcard - none of the bloody hoses would fit in my hole!

Tesco 99 every time

I tried to use this on mine, as I had about 20p off per litre on my clubcard - none of the bloody hoses would fit in my hole!

Just push it in mate, your hole obviously needs breaking in a bit [emoji106]
I've also found this problem - Tescos in Newport is fine, the pump fits perfectly, but a few miles down the road in Culverhouse Cross and it's like trying to get a diesel pump in. I might give Chimps missis a call to try and get some pointers [emoji106]

Tesco 99 every time

Tesco 99 every time

I've also found this problem - Tescos in Newport is fine, the pump fits perfectly, but a few miles down the road in Culverhouse Cross and it's like trying to get a diesel pump in. I might give Chimps missis a call to try and get some pointers [emoji106]

Small world, i live 2 minutes from culver Tesco!

Tesco 99 every time

Tesco 99 every time

Barry boy? Or Ely? You can PM me if you dint want to admit either of them publically haha

Tesco 99 every time

Tesco 99 every time

Barry boy? Or Ely? You can PM me if you dint want to admit either of them publically haha

Nothing beats a bit of Cwmbran

Does anyone actually notice the difference, performance wise between standard 95 octane and the higher octane stuff like V-Power or BP Ultimate?

I was exclusivly using BP Ultimate or V-Power when I couldn't get BP, up until recently when I had to use BP's standard 95 stuff. Continued to use it since, and so far not had any issues and to be honest, can't tell any difference.

Admittedly I've never used the likes of Tesco, Esso or any of the places that add bio stuff to their petrol - would be concerned about using that, but is it realty necessary to use things like V-Power or BP Ultimate in our cars?

Edited by Ruesta

I use Esso as its close to my house, and I've found that using the Premium fuel gets me around 20 more miles to a tank - so it's worth it in my opinion. I wasn't aware they use the bio stuff though :/

Does anyone actually notice the difference, performance wise between standard 95 octane and the higher octane stuff like V-Power or BP Ultimate?

I was exclusivly using BP Ultimate or V-Power when I couldn't get BP, up until recently when I had to use BP's standard 95 stuff. Continued to use it since, and so far not had any issues and to be honest, can't tell any difference.

Admittedly I've never used the likes of Tesco, Esso or any of the places that add bio stuff to their petrol - would be concerned about using that, but is it realty necessary to use things like V-Power or BP Ultimate in our cars?

It is designed for 98 ron or above as per the manual but can run on 95 ron thanks to a knock down sensor (name might be different)

As for Tesco's petrol, I have used it for the best part of 5 years now and never had a problem